AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Illegally being charged for Ads not running

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the same thing has happened to me.. I paused everything to not run and was charged more than if  was running the ads

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Illegally being charged for Ads not running

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Roxane.

When you stop your ads from running -- by canceling your account or pausing or deleting your campaigns -- the AdWords system can take several hours to halt your ads completely. At this point, you won't accrue any more costs.

However, you'll be billed for any unpaid advertising costs that accrued before your ads stopped running. Our system operates on a 30-day billing cycle, so you might not receive your final charges for several weeks.

To see whether you have any unpaid advertising costs, visit your Billing tab and look at your current balance at the top of the page.

Click here for more information on charges.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Roxane,

Thank you for posting on our forums. Regarding your billing issue, our Adwords support team has attempted to contact you via the email in your Adwords profile but they have not received any replies. Please check your email account for any messages from Adwords support. You may also want to check your email filter and/or junk email. Or let us know of an alternative form of contact.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I actually had a limit of $30 a month so why was I charged $112 weeks after I stopped the ad?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Roxane,

Without knowing the full details of your account billing, I can speculate on why you might have been over charge. The most common reason for this type of scenario is when an Advertiser signs up for another Google product/feature (i.e. Adwords Express) which will be linked to your Adwords billing. You can accrue charges additional charges on the Adwords Express account in addition to your $30/month limit on your regular Adwords but both billed to your default payment method. If this is not the case, please let the Adwords support team you are dealing with know asap.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did not sign up for anything additional.