AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

If visitor submits fake form data, does it count as invalid click?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My landing page has a form. I pay high CPC for leads. What happens when a visitor submits fake data? Can I claim that it was an invalid click?

Would I be able to set different targets-prices? For example: 1st visitor enters and 2nd visitor submits form.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: If visitor submits fake form data, does it count as invalid click?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Adwords (for now...) is a pay per click advertising platform - Not "pay per lead"...So, as long as the clicks are valid - you have to pay,,,

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Do you mean that advertiser gets charged the instant someone clicks the ad, even if they close the page quickly afterwards? Shouldn't that be considered an invalid click?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Here is the criteria for invalid clicks that Google will refund you for;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/42995?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Maybe AdWords is not "pay per lead", but someone has confirmed that CPC varies depending on visitor interaction (from just closing the page to signing up or buying).
That's why I asked how advertisers can set different targets.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Finally I found out: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2390684?ctx=glossary
"Conversion Optimizer automatically finds the optimal cost-per-click (CPC) bid for your ad. It sets higher CPC bids for more valuable clicks". "With Conversion Optimizer, you can set one of two types of cost-per-acquisition (CPA) bid".

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In the begining I also believed that CPA means paying for a lead but Moshe is right, it is still pay per click.

CPA just makes some automated estimations regarding your MaxCPC keyword  values , it increases or decreases them to obtain the targeted cost per aquisition IF it has enough past statistical data to replicate a successful new conversion.

This means that first you have to run a non CPA configuration for a while until enough conversions add up to provide a baseline for future estimations. Read more about CPA to understand fully how it works before using it.

For example if you have data about the sales flow for your business last year in november and december you  can make predictions about the volume of sales this year too IF not many factors change , if the prices are about the same , if the location is the same , if competitors are about the same , etc.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Just to clarify; No matter what optimizing method you use;  Once the ad is clicked - you are charged. All these methods  are aimed to "optimize" your costs based on your budget and gaols. They are different bidding method - but they do not change the basic of Adwords: You pay per click.  (whether after clicking the user converts; stays on the page; or leaves immediately, this is a new game - another tracking system.)