AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

II do not have a google/adword account but I have been charged for service. What do I do to change?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Beginning on the 25th of November we started to be charged for Google Adwords. This had totaled about $400 at this time. We do not his ave an adwurds account and are concerned about what is happening. Can you look into this athe and make the necessary changes. Thanks for your help.

Donald J Petty

193 Southern Oaks Dr

St. Charles. MO 63303

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: II do not have a google/adword account but I have been charged for service. What do I do to chan

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Donald,

Thanks for reaching out with your question!

Each AdWords account is assigned a unique number called a customer ID number. This number is 10 digits (e.g. 123-456-7890). On some credit card and bank statements the AdWords customer ID Number is provided. Below you'll find some information on how to identify the customer ID number associated with the account that is generating the charges showing up on your credit card/bank statement. If you can find a customer ID number that means the charges are probably from an AdWords account and I would recommend emailing or calling us.

AdWords charges tend to show up on your credit card statement in a specific way. Here are common ways these charges can appear.

• Visa or MasterCard
    • GOOGLE ADWORDS. CC@GOOGLE.COM or
    • GOOGLE*GOOG[10-digit AdWords Customer ID]
    • Most Visa/MasterCard payments list the AdWords customer ID within the line item of the transaction. If you notice more than one customer ID on your statement, it might mean that you have more than one AdWords account associated with that form of payment.
  • American Express
    • On American Express credit card statements, the line description might not mention an AdWords Customer ID, but look more like this:
    • GOOGLE LTD. CC@GOOGLE.COM ADWORDS ADVERTISING
    • or
    • GOOGLE INC. CC@GOOGLE.COM ADWORDS ADVERTISING
  • Bank account (direct debit)
    • On your bank account statements, the line description will appear in one of these formats, followed by a 10-digit AdWords Customer ID number.
    • Goog_
    • Google_
    • Google
    • GOOGLE
    • GOOOGLE_A
    • GOOGLE_
    • ADW

If the charges on your statement are showing as above that means the charges are probably from an AdWords account and you can feel free to contact us so we can look further into your statement to identify where the charges are coming from. It is also possible that they may be coming from another Google Service other than AdWords.

Check out this contact form and please feel free to contact us to look at any specifics from your statement. Call us from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday at 1-866-2GOOGLE (1-866-246-6453).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions by responding to this post!

Best,

Anna

View solution in original post

Re: II do not have a google/adword account but I have been charged for service. What do I do to chan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have nothing additional to add at this time

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi DjPetty,

How do you know that you are being charged for google adwords account while you are sure that you dont have adwords account?

Hope it would make something clear to understand ahead .

Azad

I am on Google+

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;
I understand your frustration and disappointment. However, billing /payment issues are account specific. Since we do not have access to the account we cannot help with that.

The best would be to contact your local Google customer service.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Donald,

Thanks for reaching out with your question!

Each AdWords account is assigned a unique number called a customer ID number. This number is 10 digits (e.g. 123-456-7890). On some credit card and bank statements the AdWords customer ID Number is provided. Below you'll find some information on how to identify the customer ID number associated with the account that is generating the charges showing up on your credit card/bank statement. If you can find a customer ID number that means the charges are probably from an AdWords account and I would recommend emailing or calling us.

AdWords charges tend to show up on your credit card statement in a specific way. Here are common ways these charges can appear.

• Visa or MasterCard
    • GOOGLE ADWORDS. CC@GOOGLE.COM or
    • GOOGLE*GOOG[10-digit AdWords Customer ID]
    • Most Visa/MasterCard payments list the AdWords customer ID within the line item of the transaction. If you notice more than one customer ID on your statement, it might mean that you have more than one AdWords account associated with that form of payment.
  • American Express
    • On American Express credit card statements, the line description might not mention an AdWords Customer ID, but look more like this:
    • GOOGLE LTD. CC@GOOGLE.COM ADWORDS ADVERTISING
    • or
    • GOOGLE INC. CC@GOOGLE.COM ADWORDS ADVERTISING
  • Bank account (direct debit)
    • On your bank account statements, the line description will appear in one of these formats, followed by a 10-digit AdWords Customer ID number.
    • Goog_
    • Google_
    • Google
    • GOOGLE
    • GOOOGLE_A
    • GOOGLE_
    • ADW

If the charges on your statement are showing as above that means the charges are probably from an AdWords account and you can feel free to contact us so we can look further into your statement to identify where the charges are coming from. It is also possible that they may be coming from another Google Service other than AdWords.

Check out this contact form and please feel free to contact us to look at any specifics from your statement. Call us from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday at 1-866-2GOOGLE (1-866-246-6453).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions by responding to this post!

Best,

Anna