AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I was charged for Adwords, but my account said it was declined?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I accidentally typed my info wrong when filling out my billing information. I tried submitting it a couple times and it said it was invalid. That's fine, but when I noticed my typo, and fixed it. I then completed the transaction and it said "Declined" and no other reason was given as to why.

I went to check my bank, and I have 8 different $1 charges on my account now and my ads aren't showing because payment was... 'declined'. What do I do? I can't call anyone until monday :/

Re: I was charged for Adwords, but my account said it was declined?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Melissa. That seems strange. If you have typed in the wrong account info how can it take it out? What was the info you typed in wrong. If you want you should pause your campaign and no more money will come out. Payments will be taken a couple of days after the actual time of clicks so you may see more payments come out.

Kind regards
Feilim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I had the expiration date wrong. Everything else was correct.

I tried sending in an email, and keep getting an automated response that my account is under review before ads can be posted.

How do I pause my campaign?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

In order to pause you will see a green circle in the campaign that says Enabled. Click on it and you will see a drop down.  Change it from Enabled to Pause and the campaign will pause.

I hope this helps

regards

Feilim 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Once I figured out that I was typing it in wrong, I corrected it and it went through. But it said it was declined. That's when I looked at my bank statement and found out I had still been charged, but am not able to post ads.

The reason it got declined was because I do not have $10 in my account. But if it were not for the 8 different $1 charges on my account, I would have the $10. So now i'm stuck until I can call the bank and get it straightened out.

I figured out how to pause the campaign yesterday. Thanks for replying though. Smiley Happy

Is there anything else I can do to get this fixed? or do I have to wait until tomorrow to call my bank about it?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry for coming back so late. I would just phone your bank. With your account now paused there should be no further debits until you enable it again.