AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I want you to permanently delete my adwords personal data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The adwords account contains private billing information such as address and phone number and old credit card details. I have tried and failed to remove this. The account has already been "cancelled" which appears to mean that it simply isn't able to run campaigns. My issue is my data which according to UK law I am entitled to have removed when I ask for it to be.

There is no delete button and I am required to leave my personal billing information as it won't let me remove it without a new credit card.

The UK ICO states in it's preamble to the data protection act: "Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes." I have no intention of using this account (e.g. I cancelled it) for Google adwords and as the account is also 0 balance and has no running campaigns, please give me a valid reason why can't all my personal data be deleted?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I want you to permanently delete my adwords personal data

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Tony. 

The response to this question could contain personal information. For your protection, I am referring this to our 1:1 support team. They should be contacting you shortly.