AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I want to try it out for two months, monthly budget is set at $180. Will my total cost exceed $360?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to try it out for two months, monthly budget is set at $180. Will my total cost exceed $360?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I want to try it out for two months, monthly budget is set at $180. Will my total cost exceed $3

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Scoobycircus,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

There is no monthly budget option in adswords, you need to set a daily budget for your campaign (ie $6 is your daily budget (180/30) for a 30 day month, if you are running your campaign all the days).

At times you can recieve up to 20% more in costs than your daily budget.

However, in a given billing period, you're never charged more than the average number of days in a month (roughly 30.4) times your daily budget. (ie you will spend only $180 in a month for a daily budget $6)

Find more details in the below links

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6312

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375420

Hope this helps,

Info

Re: I want to try it out for two months, monthly budget is set at $180. Will my total cost exceed $3

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the help, I'm slowly understanding this.

Can I stop at anytime? What happens to the billing after that? 

If I started today 24/11/12 and went til 24/01/12.

Also, theoretically if NO ONE clicks on my ads, do I still have to pay my daily limit?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author scoobycircus
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can stop your ad any time.

And you need to pay only when someone clicks on you ad. No clicks, you don't need to pay.

Info

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author scoobycircus
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Just a small addition to what has been said above, there is an option of Monthly Invoicing with Google Adwords, but there are certain conditions which have to be met to attain that. Like minimum monthly spending of $5000 a month, business has been registered as a business for at least one year, etc... See this: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2393035

I would suggest you set the end date of the campaigns to be on the safer side, so that if you forget to pause the campaigns, they will automatically stop on the respective date. You can read about it in this article.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot!