AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I want to change my currency on adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ive read that once you set your currency, then it will not be changed.

But I dont remember that I ever set my currency to Filipino Pesos Smiley Frustrated I want to change the currency to Norwegian NOK. What should I do?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: I want to change my currency on adwords

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi all,

So there are a few things that we can change from the initial set up of your account but unfortunately your currency is not one of them. It is such a fundamental part of the reporting in your account that we are not able to change it once you select it at start up.

In order to get around this you could download the entire account into AdWords editor and then upload it into a new account with the correct currency. As long as you pause or delete the ads in the old account, it will not matter that you are using the same domain.

Let us know if you need any more help or advice with this. 

Hannah

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

The only way is to cancel the account and open a new one. It is explained in this thread :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/Change-currency/m-p/145350/highlight/true#M6543

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;
Contact your local Google customer service; As a courtesy they will do it. But only once; So make sure that, this time, you choose the currency correctly.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply, but i cannot cancel the account since it's our main domain we are using.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi all,

So there are a few things that we can change from the initial set up of your account but unfortunately your currency is not one of them. It is such a fundamental part of the reporting in your account that we are not able to change it once you select it at start up.

In order to get around this you could download the entire account into AdWords editor and then upload it into a new account with the correct currency. As long as you pause or delete the ads in the old account, it will not matter that you are using the same domain.

Let us know if you need any more help or advice with this. 

Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hannah,
May I know still can we change the currency through Ad Words editor? If yes May I know the steps please.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!