AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I want to better my Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I want to use better keywords that just show and not spend a lot of money because people are accidentally clicking it.

I want words like really specialized. For example, I am advertising my Self Elevating Platform, which is also called sep barge.

People do not easily click the ad when they look up the word 'sep barge.' 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I want to better my Keywords

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

The choice of keywords you use is entirely up to you. What you want to do is to find the words that people might use if they were searching for your product or something similar to your product.

If people are "accidentally" clicking your ads, then maybe your ad text needs to be more clear--or maybe your keywords are being matched to search terms that are not closely related enough to your product?

I'm not sure what you mean by "keywords just just show" but if you're talking about banner ads, those are available for the Display/Content network and you pay for them based on how often they display (CPM) instead of by the click (CPC). You might want to read up on the different bidding options, then select the one that works best for you.

Understanding bidding basics

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*