AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I've set a daily budget of £1 per day, does this include CPM cost?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm new to Google Adwords, and I have just set a budget of £1 per day just to get started and see how things work out.

I set it up yesterday, and for one particular keyword I have got the following:

2 Clicks, Cost £0.92, CTR 25%, Impr. 8, Avg CPC £0.46, Avg. CPM £115

I am worried about the Avg. CPM figure which is £115. I have read up CPM is the cost for 1000 impressions. Does that mean I have to pay that? 

Apologies for such a newbie question!

Re: I've set a daily budget of £1 per day, does this include CPM cost?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Lin C,

Are you targeting the search network? The CPM bidding option is only available on the display network and it looks very high only because you have a very healthy CTR at present. To be honest, one days stats only spending $1 isn't nearly enough to make any decisions on.

On the search network, you want to look at the CPC vs the ROI of your keywords. You will only pay when someone actually clicks on your ads so you don't need to worry about your current CPM.

Re: I've set a daily budget of £1 per day, does this include CPM cost?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply!

I think I'm on search network. I don't recall setting up anything with the display network

I've just setup a basic Campaign with an ad group and a set of keywords with a max CPC and a day budget - that's it. Just keeping it simple until I get my head around Google AdWords.

Thanks!