AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I've repeatedly cancelled my ad but I keep being billed. Why does this happen after I've cancelled?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why won't they stop my ad and stop billing me. I want a refund.

2 Expert replyverified_user

I've repeatedly cancelled my ad but I keep being billed. Why does this happen after I've cancelled?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jeanne,

When you say you cancelled your ad, exactly what did you do?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Jeanne D,

It's important to know that once you stop your ads, there can be a small period where they still show and generate clicks or actions that are chargeable to you. And then there can be a delay between the time of them stopping and your billing cycle generating the final bill and charging your payment method. 

The best thing would be to open AdWords and see what it shows, which would allow you to verify that all campaigns are paused or that your account is cancelled. 

With that said, if you have cancelled your AdWords account, there is a process involved that typically takes 2-3 weeks before accounts are settled and credited, debited or refunded. And some accounts take 2-4 weeks, too.

Please read this entire article detailing the refund process, and use the Contact Us link, if needed.  

All the Best,

James