AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I tried a couple of ads via YouTube before settling on one specific ad. Will I be charged?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

None of the ads went past the "serving / under review" phase before I deleted them and I'm wondering if I'll be charged.

Re: I tried a couple of ads via YouTube before settling on one specific ad. Will I be charged?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
HHOP,
Welcome to to community - you should be able to see ad level clicks/spend etc.

If you're using the AdWords for video interface then click the 'Ads' tab at the top of the page. This will give you a list of all the creative that you have used in your account. If they have been deleted then you won't be able to see them on this screen. To fix, just click on the filter option near the graph that says 'All but deleted ads' and select all ads.

Any trouble then just post back.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: I tried a couple of ads via YouTube before settling on one specific ad. Will I be charged?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see my early attempts listed as "deleted" but listed nonetheless. I'm the one who deleted them so I hope I caught them in time before I was charged.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you see the stats next to the ad? It should be clear to see there if there is any cost associated with the ads.

Don't forget - you will only pay if a user clicks (or for some YouTube creative views) your ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nothing has gone through yet, including my finalized ad. Everything that isn't marked as "deleted" is being "served" right now so I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens when and if the ad is approved. Thanks for your advice. Hopefully, only the one ad goes through - fingers crossed!