AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I think I got cheated by google !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google adwords team from Gurgaon called me and offered me that if I pay Rs.5000 I will get  Rs 5000 worth of clicks free for my ads.They did not tell me if there is any problem with my website but as soon as I paid for the ads .they blocked my ads saying that it violates their policy.At three different times they told me three different issues with my website (malicious content,phishing  and untrustworthy promotion) I do not know which one is true. I spoke to the web hosting company 1and1,they checked the website and said there is no issue with it.And now when I call google in India or in US they ask my Customer ID and after they they disconnect the call What they are doing is a fraud on internet,collecting money from people and when it comes to providing services they do not answer your call.

1 Expert replyverified_user

I think I got cheated by google !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google adwords team from Gurgaon called me and offered me that if I pay Rs.5000 I will get  Rs 5000 worth of clicks free for my ads.They did not tell me if there is any problem with my website but as soon as I paid for the ads .they blocked my ads saying that it violates their policy.At three different times they told me three different issues with my website (malicious content,phishing  and untrustworthy promotion) I do not know which one is true. I spoke to the web hosting company 1and1,they checked the website and said there is no issue with it.And now when I call google in India or in US they ask my Customer ID and after they they disconnect the call What they are doing is a fraud on internet,collecting money from people and when it comes to providing services they do not answer your call.

Re: I think I got cheated by google !

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi There,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

I can understand your frustration. But it seems to have arisen because of misunderstanding. Advertising vouchers are there to encourage new advertisers promote their businesses online; it does not mean any policy violation would be ignored. Google has a set of guidelines which every advertiser, new or existing, big or small, needs to abide by. 

Please do not mix the eligibility for vouchers and the advertising platform as one. Every new business which wants to advertise with AdWords for the first time, they may be eligible for vouchers. But it does not mean they would be eligible to advertise any business model, websites or ads which is not acceptable with AdWords. 

To better understand AdWords Advertising Policies, you can refer to this URL  https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en

Also, if your account has been suspended permanently, you can request refund for the exiting account balance excluding the voucher credit if any. So, there's nothing like cheating. More information can be found here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8440?hl=en&rd=1

Be informed that policies apply to anyone and everyone. More importantly, If a website is found to be violating any policy, it may be reinstated if it is not a repetitive violation and if the problematic areas have been fixed.

More information can be found here -  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704383?hl=en (Fix a suspended site)

If you have any problem contacting the phone support, please follow the link below to get alternative contact information - 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en 

Thanks

Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mr. Jha,

Your wrote that "If a website is found to be violating any policy, it may be reinstated if it is not a repetitive violation and if the problematic areas have been fixed" .To fix the problematic area you need to know the exact issue but I sent mails to google adwords team many times asking them the issue but I got three different replies ,each time telling me three different issues with website(if you want I can post the replies I got from google).How can I know what is causing problem to google ? when google is giving me confusing replies,it is very shameful for a company as big as google giving confusing replies to its customer who has paid to google for some service and I was encouraged by google team to go for the advertising or pay for it as you said that advertising vouchers are there to encourage new advertisers.Encourage ,get the payment and then don't care what happens with your client ? Is this the way google treats its clients ?And more over Google disconnects my call after asking my customer Id .

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi There,

I know you are angry, but there are a few things I would like to clarify a bit further. 

Google does not disconnect your call in particular. Any account which is suspended needs to use alternative contact methods other than phone i.e. email, chat etc.. 

Whenever an account is suspended, the account's administrator gets a notification as to why the account in question was suspended. If you believe you fixed the issues and you do not violate any policy any more, you can get ahead to ask for a review. 

If you did not get any notification, or if you would like to request a review, you can fill in this form.

Also, could you please share your website URL here? We will see if can point out the violations for you. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mr. Jha,

When your account gets suspended you need to talk to someone and not just send an email and wait for the reply ... most of the people pay adwords for business and time is very important for them.And most of the adwords account holders have got their website made from a different company and if that company makes some mistake in the website, you should be very specific in telling the issue to the adwords account owners so that they can talk to the engineer who is working on the website but google prefers not to speak to the account holders on phone and tell them to send an email instead.And as in my case ,google sends three different replies telling me different issues with the website each time.How can we fix the issue when google itself is not sure about what is causing the problem.But Its good that you have asked for the URL to check the website and if you work for google (I am not sure about it) I can send you the username and password of the web server so that you can check the codes or pages also. website - www.buddhafootprints.com
I had posted this messages in "Basics for New Advertisers " two times but I think google deleted it both the times .... its hard to believe that a company like google can do this kind of thing.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi There,

Posting the same message several times in several categories do not mean getting faster or more relevant answers. For more information, please read community guidelines here.  Duplicate threads are removed. 

Coming to your further questions -

There are millions of passionate advertisers using AdWords platform to promote their businesses online, and then there are an uncertain group of advertisers who do every bit to trick the system and skip the radar of policies and guidelines. Google has a strict system and editorial department to keep a check on it all. Whenever they find any violation, they suspend accounts. Now, it's practically difficult for a brand like Google to have phone interactions with every one of such users who violate policies. However, it does have several alternative contact methods where they are heard. I have already shared them all with you. 

When I said some accounts could be reinstated, it depends on the kind of violation it is. I have already clarified it in detail, but let me clarify it once again for you.

Suspensions can be temporary and some of them can be permanent. Temporary suspensions have scope to be reinstated once the problematic areas have been fixed. A permanent violation means a strict NO. An example for permanent suspension can be - a business using multiple accounts to promote similar products to have an undue advantage. Another example can be a business using multiple accounts to use multiple promotional vouchers.  More on such violations can be read here

Now in your case, I do't know what the exact violation is. You better refer to the email you got for more information, or alternatively, you can go your account > Campaigns > any campaign name > adgroup > ads. Here go to customize columns and ad - policy details to the interface, hit save. Now refer to the policy column in the interface. It should tell you the exact violation. 

About your website, you need to make your website more genuine. Why are you using images in place of texts? Use texts instead. Read more about optimizing landing page here

To your final question, I am not a Google Employee, I am a community member like you are. I am here to help fellow members with my experience and expertise. 

Summing up, if you believe you do not violate any policy any more, refer to the links already shared. You can get ahead to request a review for your account, here's the link once again for you -

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704383?hl=en

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I posted that message for the new users because I felt that the new users should also know about the problem I am facing before they pay for ads.You wrote that google cannot intereact with every user who violates policies.But google itself does not know what policy was violated,I have told you the same thing before also and I am telling you again that google told me different policy violations at in three different mails.And to make it more clear to you I am posting that part from all the three mails.

(1) - Make the necessary changes to your site that currently violates our policies:
Display URL: words-google.com
Policy violation: Malicious content

(2) - Make the necessary changes to your site that currently violates our policies:
Display URL: words-google.com
Policy violation: Untrustworthy promotions

(3) - Make the necessary changes to your site that currently violates our policies:
Display URL: buddhafootprints.com
Policy violation: Site not working

As you can see in two out of three mails the URL is "words-google.com" ,its not the URL for which I paid, maybe you can tell me what is that because you seem to know everything about google adwords.

I also got a mail from ascalation manager in adwords Gurgaon telling me a different issue for account suspention which is different from these three issues and that is "phishing".So four different issues at four different times and you say that "it's practically difficult for a brand like Google to have phone interactions with every one of such users who violate policies." And google does not know what policy was violated.WHAT A BRAND !!

The mail from ascatation manager

"Would like to bring to your attention that your account is already re-reviewed manually by the policy compliance team and suspension cannot be revoked.Your account has been suspended for phishing.
I would not be able to share more info but there was something on the website that google found phishy and misrepresenting."

Why are you using images in place of texts?
I used images because its was not possible to put text in that font and I was not able to align the text so I thought that putting an image can be more simple way to do it, but maybe this can be the next policy violation in google's next mail so I will remove the images by text as soon as I get time for that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
And this is the mail that I got from the company that hosts my website for which I paid to google.

Thank you for contacting us.

Please be informed that your website is already up and running. We did not encounter any malicious files, as we navigate to the different pages of your website. We need to inform you that our system will automatically detects once the website is being attacked by a malicious file. We track malicious files on the website, since it might affect other files as well as the server.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

--
Best Regards,
Robert Corbete
Technical Support
1&1 Internet Limited