AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I paid a campaing by mistake, please help!!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Please I need help! I just was using Google Adwords as a trial for a University Project and my campaigns started running and I have been charged. Obviously that campaign wasn't real, I just picked a website from google and start testing google adwards. By surprise I realised Google Adwords was charging me for that campaing so I just removed the campaign immediatley but the payment has been made. I want Google Adwords to refund me such import since that wasn't a real campaign. What can I do? Payment has been made by debid card was set on my account.

Please help

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I paid a campaing by mistake, please help!!!!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Judith,

Really sorry to hear a mistake has been made!

If you look at the top right of the AdWords Interface you'll see a cog which, once clicked, will give you a list of options. The 'Help' option there will let you contact Google about Billing and you can ask them directly what can be done.

To be perfectly honest I doubt anything can be done at this stage Smiley Sad 

Hope this helps

Ali

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi,
Sad to hear this, but unfortunately the amount can not be refunded as the campaign was setup by you. It does not matter whether you choose keywords like test, trial, demo; all matters is that google will try to show your ads on these keywords too if the campaign is live and billing is added.
Even it will contribute to the account history for future.

When you are making a demo AdWords campaign, It is always recommended to use minimum budget with low bids.
Additional you must assign a campaign start date to start the campaign for future date or pausing it instantly if created for the current date.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ali,

I will call to Google Adwords tomorrow and will explain everything to them and will ask for a refund anyway since the campaign has been activated jus for few minutes...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,

Do you work for Google Adwords? I will call them tomorrow and will explain everything, I hope they can be simpathetic and refund me the money since this isn't real and i didn't know it worked like that otherwise i wouldn't. Omg! Smiley Sad

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Good luck, Judith!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks..... Smiley Sad

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
No, i don't work for AdWords but i am a member here for a long time.
Go ahead with phone support and it will be much better if you share the feedback here also.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I will. Actually I'm studying a Master and it was an assignment I had to do, so obviously I didn't know they will charge me to do so, I thought it worked different, I meant, I thought you had to press a button where it says activate your campaign or something so I carry on doing tests and so on thinking nothing was activated yet. All of a sudden I saw a payment made to Google Adwords, horrible!!!

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

I understand that you were trying to learn how everything is setup here practically but you must not link your card until you decide to advertise a business.

So even if you forget to pause the campaign then also ads will not run due to billing. 

But anyway try your best explaining the whole scenario.

Let's see what they revert.

Regards