AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I need to talk to someone regarding a billing issue and account cancellation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It would not let me previously change to manual billing and still won't.  That being said, I was charged $110 to my bank account today.  I thought I had selected a budget of $50! I would like to cancel my account and have this charge reversed. I was told I can not resolve this issue by phone when calling and I see now place on here to contact with billing issues.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: I need to talk to someone regarding a billing issue and account cancellation.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI charitymakeup

Welcome to the AdWords community forum :-) Here's my thoughts on what the problem could be (but like Lakatos said, no one can see your info to really know the issue)-

"I was charged $110 to my bank account today.  I thought I had selected a budget of $50!"

I assume you are speaking about your daily budget. If you are currently on automatic payment setting, the following will apply to you-

Understanding your billing options

Automatic payment setting: You're automatically charged after your ads run, either 30 days after or when you reach a preset amount (known as your threshold), whichever comes first. You can also make payments at any time to control your costs and when you're charged.

So even if you set your daily budget at $50, you would have been charged whatever your account had occrued after 30 days, or when you hit your threshold limit.

"It would not let me previously change to manual billing and still won't."

Switch between manual and automatic payments

(taken from the AdWords reference above) - Before you can make the switch, you'll need to pay your account balance and an additional amount covering your last seven days of costs. This ensures that your ads keep running once you're on manual payments.

"I would like to cancel my account and have this charge reversed." Please see link below for more info-

Cancel my account

I hope that this is helpful to you ;-)

Kind regards

View solution in original post

Re: I need to talk to someone regarding a billing issue and account cancellation.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Charity,

We cannot address account specific issues because we don't have access to your account. You're advised to use the Contact AdWords button in the upper right corner of this page. I'd prefer email contact.

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI charitymakeup

Welcome to the AdWords community forum :-) Here's my thoughts on what the problem could be (but like Lakatos said, no one can see your info to really know the issue)-

"I was charged $110 to my bank account today.  I thought I had selected a budget of $50!"

I assume you are speaking about your daily budget. If you are currently on automatic payment setting, the following will apply to you-

Understanding your billing options

Automatic payment setting: You're automatically charged after your ads run, either 30 days after or when you reach a preset amount (known as your threshold), whichever comes first. You can also make payments at any time to control your costs and when you're charged.

So even if you set your daily budget at $50, you would have been charged whatever your account had occrued after 30 days, or when you hit your threshold limit.

"It would not let me previously change to manual billing and still won't."

Switch between manual and automatic payments

(taken from the AdWords reference above) - Before you can make the switch, you'll need to pay your account balance and an additional amount covering your last seven days of costs. This ensures that your ads keep running once you're on manual payments.

"I would like to cancel my account and have this charge reversed." Please see link below for more info-

Cancel my account

I hope that this is helpful to you ;-)

Kind regards