AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I need to pay an old invoice and Google wants me to fax them...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just had to post something, because this is ridiculous.

I haven't used adwords in about 2 years, in that time they've updated their billing interface. Apparently I had an outstanding amount to pay of $12.29 on the old interface and now my account is suspended.

No problem! I can pay $12.29, except according to the call centre workers I've spoken to, the only way to pay this invoice is to fax Google a credit card authorisation...You can't be serious.

This is one of the largest tech companies in the world right? I'm not dreaming? Is it 1991 again? Who has a fax machine in 2015?

Does anyone know a way around this? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I need to pay an old invoice and Google wants me to fax them...

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Liam C,

Is there an active credit card on the account at the moment? Updating your card details should trigger an automatic charge to your CC.
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry it took so long to get back to this, I didn't get a notification.

There was a valid CC attached to the account, I was told because the account was old that the bill was on the old billing system and therefore could not be paid through the new billing system.

Eventually I had to find a fax machine and email google on the provided number, they then said the payment had to be manually verified which could take 2 weeks. Then after a few days, they got back to me saying there was a bug in the old payment system meaning they couldn't un-suspend my account, amazing.

So in the end they had to close my old account, disassociate my email address with that account and then have me sign up for adwords again. All of this from Google, a world leader in technology and doing things differently. I guess when it comes to billing, different means 30x more red tape and bullsh*t.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Liam C
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

sorry to hear the bad experience. Hope things are okay now.

Good luck!

Sumanth Sridhar