AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I need to pay a bill, but none of my registered credit cards will work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have received notification of account suspension because of an issue with billing verification. I have updated all account information and payment methods within our adwords account. Todate after several attempts to contact google and rectify the problem we still have an outstanding balance and we just wish to pay it! 

Can you please assist me with the simple process of paying a bill! Even better can you assist me with reactivating our adwords account so that we can continue business.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I need to pay a bill, but none of my registered credit cards will

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Peter, only AdWords Support themselves can help with billing problems of this nature as no one here has access to your Account.

What has happened when you've tried to contact Google?

Can you try once more, using one of the options on this link?

Contact AdWords Support

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable
adwords support mostly send automated messages only.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon,

I've tried to contact Google using three methods. Firstly via the 'Adwords Support', secondly via a link within the automated response from adwords which allows you to request a review of your case. The third method was via the phone number provided on the adwords support site. When I phone google as soon as I enter my account number, the automated response is that your account has been suspended please contact google adwords via the adwords support site?

So you end up in this continuous loop with no answers. 

Having said that, I took some advice from my web master and went through the billing information of the three other google accounts I have related to other businesses. I subsequently discovered that one of the accounts was still requiring email verification of the administrator. I also discovered that the domain name, which was not created when creating this account, had the incorrect MX settings for use with google mail. This explained the reason why the billing verification email was never received. I have now updated all information with all associated accounts and have resent the automated form to adwords requesting the account be reinstated. That was sent 24 hours ago and I have not yet received the same automated 'cannot' response as the previous 8 requests received. So I'm hoping that we have solved the issue and can have our account reinstated asap. 

What was frustrating is that I had to figure this out on my own? An issue with a totally unrelated account to our main business adwords account, and its subsequent suspension, has crushed our business! We are a small business, and my employees are a great bunch of people just trying to make a living. We are now running on our cash reserves and if we can't reinstate our marketing engine, we will simply disappear off the radar! 

Many lessons learn't, but probably the biggest one, is that if you have more than one google account, make sure that all billing information is updated regularly! Google is a great provider for small businesses, but I'm afraid this time, they receive a great big 'FAIL' in simple customer support and service.

Here's to hoping we have resolved this issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jon,

To update you on our progress, I have received the standard automated response indicating that our account still is in breach of policy? So we are still going now where!