AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I just received a charge, but I do not have any google accounts or apps

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

I have no google accounts or apps of any type.  I just received this charge 

Processing  Transaction layerCHECKCARD GOOGLE * CC@GOOGLE.COM CA ON 08/01activity type debit

status type icon pending
Processing. Select to mark activity type debit -4.16 CHECKCARD GOOGLE * CC@GOOGLE.COM CA ON 08/01 as Reconciled

Why did I receive this charge, and how do I prevent this from ever happening again?  I repeat, I have never signed up for a google service of any type that required any billing or credit card information. Why have I been charged $4.16 from a service I have never done business with?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I just received a charge, but I do not have any google accounts or apps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Best course of action to take here would be to contact Google directly, here's the most relevant form I could find for you - https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/explain_pd_b3?hl=en-GB&ec=explain_charges_c&cfsi=explain_...

Hope you can get this resolved,

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply, got a hold of AdWords, was told it was a charge from the Apps team. Got a hold of Apps, was told it was Adwords. Got on a 3-way phone call with my bank, Google payments and myself, and was told that they could confirm I had been charged by them, and the money received by them, but that they did not have a reason or source for the charge, and as I had no accounts of any kind with them they could do nothing further for me. So, not so helpful. The upshot was, my bank repaid me, and I canceled that card. Still have no idea where this charge originated.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
From a Google search for "CHECKCARD GOOGLE" my educated guess is that it is for apps or content (music, movies...) on an Android phone.