AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I just received a charge, but I do not have any google accounts or apps

N/A
# 1
N/A

I have no google accounts or apps of any type.  I just received this charge 

Processing  Transaction layerCHECKCARD GOOGLE * CC@GOOGLE.COM CA ON 08/01activity type debit

status type icon pending
Processing. Select to mark activity type debit -4.16 CHECKCARD GOOGLE * CC@GOOGLE.COM CA ON 08/01 as Reconciled

Why did I receive this charge, and how do I prevent this from ever happening again?  I repeat, I have never signed up for a google service of any type that required any billing or credit card information. Why have I been charged $4.16 from a service I have never done business with?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I just received a charge, but I do not have any google accounts or apps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Best course of action to take here would be to contact Google directly, here's the most relevant form I could find for you - https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/explain_pd_b3?hl=en-GB&ec=explain_charges_c&cfsi=explain_...

Hope you can get this resolved,

N/A
# 3
N/A
Thanks for the reply, got a hold of AdWords, was told it was a charge from the Apps team. Got a hold of Apps, was told it was Adwords. Got on a 3-way phone call with my bank, Google payments and myself, and was told that they could confirm I had been charged by them, and the money received by them, but that they did not have a reason or source for the charge, and as I had no accounts of any kind with them they could do nothing further for me. So, not so helpful. The upshot was, my bank repaid me, and I canceled that card. Still have no idea where this charge originated.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
From a Google search for "CHECKCARD GOOGLE" my educated guess is that it is for apps or content (music, movies...) on an Android phone.