AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I just got charged $200, taken from my bank, for an AdWords payment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just got charged $200 for an AdWords payment, taken from my bank account, and I am not aware of HAVING an open AdWords account.  Can you explain this?

GOOGLE *ADWS731990 02-08 GOOGLE *ADWS7 CA 4254 BB&T CHECK CARD PURCHASE

Please respond to bschmalfeldt@comcast.net with your reply.  If there's an open account that I am not aware of, I would like to close it immediately because it certainly is doing me no good.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I just got charged $200, taken from my bank, for an AdWords paymen

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi bschmalfeldt and welcome to the forum.

How do you know this payment was for Google Adwords and why did you use the words "open AdWords account"?  Most people with no knowledge of AdWords wouldn't recognise the ident in the payment and wouldn't use the word "open" or know that AdWords has "accounts".  Did you operated an AdWords Account in the past that you thought was closed/ended?

There's little we can do here in any case.  Any enquiries about specific personal Accounts need to be handled by AdWords Support themselves.  You can get in touch with them using the button, top-right of this screen or via this link:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=8206

It's probably a good idea to edit your original post to remove your email address.  This is a public forum and you'll be open to spammers.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The same thing happened to me - were you able to find out what it was - it is driving me crazy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi BMekita and welcome to the forum.  I'd really repeat (some of) the same questions I asked the original poster.

Have you had an AdWords Account in the past?  What status is it at?  

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits