AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I just got a coupon code from Google Adwords Marketing Dept. but it is not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just got a coupon code from Laura Nevens in the Google Adwords Marketing Dept. but it is not working.  I get an error that says  "Sorry, you are not eligible for this promotional code for the following reason(s): The length of time since your account was created".    The email says the coupon "is used solely to enroll your account in the advertising offer ".  So now I am enrolling, but the coupon doesn't work?  I created a google account a long time ago, but have never set up adwords.  What do I need to do to use the coupon?  Thanks!

Google user,

databankst@gmail.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I just got a coupon code from Google Adwords Marketing Dept. but it is not working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello databankst;

Promo coupons can be used only on new accounts . By Google's definition new means account created during the last 14 days,. You probably set your account earlier than that. (Though, it could be that no campaign was running, )

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’