AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I have unauthorized charges from AdWords on my credit card

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

I never signed up for Adwords yet I get billed each month. I did not think much about it until today looking at my bank statement.

So I tried to contact Adwords (clicked "contact us" in the top of the page) on this page:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&contactus=1&ctx=go&answer=8206

and chosed "I have unauthorized charges from AdWords on my credit card".

Surprise surprise I am then forrwared to the login page for Adwords. 

I do not want to login as I can't login to an account I have not created Smiley Wink It is also not possible to email Adwords as I see no email address anywhere.

I got the Costumer ID from my Bank Statement.  

Please help me as I am tired of paying for a service I do not ask for.

Kristian

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have unauthorized charges from AdWords on my credit card

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kristian,

I'm no investigator but things here are just not adding up.

First, your story at a glance would suggest to me that someone else is illegally using your banking information.  The first thing I would do is contact the bank and alert them that someone is using your account in a fraudulent manner and report potential identify theft. This would be a major concern of mine, personally.

Moving on to AdWords, either you, someone on your behalf, or some fraudulent crook set up some level of advertising on Google using your banking information as you're being charged for it. It would be a good idea for you to at least try to log in so you can properly contact support to seek answers or at a minimum stop the campaigns from racking up further "unauthorized charges".  FYI - That is all the login request does in the support links, it ties your account to the support call/email etc...and works to point you in the correct direction.  You should try the account that you used to create this user here on the community, you never know, it just might be linked to an AdWords account.

If you still do not want to login (which is odd to hear that you do not want to login because you 'never set up the account'),  you can still contact support directly via telephone at 1-866-2GOOGLE. If you have your customer ID (which means you have an account), you shouldn't need much more than that if you just call them directly.

I don't know friend...based on what you've disclosed here (you may have left a lot of information out, I can only judge on what is here), this all just seems really odd to me. But I wish you the best in your efforts.  Also, please understand that this is an extremely technical company you're dealing with.  If you happened to actually set something up, they're going to know about it.

Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot we can do here as this is a public forum and we definitely can't access your account (that was never set up).  Smiley Happy

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think you misunderstood me. I am logged in to my normal google account but i can not login to an adwords account as i do not have one. And when trying to email adwords i am forwarded to a login page instead of a email form.

Furthermore the phonenumber you wrote is not a valid number in Denmark.

I will stop all future payments with my bank of course.

Still I find it bogus and I suspect it to be google charging me for adwords when i signed up for my paid drive. Yet i can still not login to adwords with that account.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Kristian,

Perhaps I did misunderstand, you mentioned nothing about paid drive or any other services you may be using...I can't assist you with that.

If you don't have ads running, chances are you're not being charged for AdWords but clearly it appears that I'm not the one who can help you.

AdWords has Worldwide Phone Support try this: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1385067

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the exact same thing happened to me as to Kristian. i have been charged for an unauthorised Google AdWords transaction, even though i have never signed up to adwords and do not intend to. and likewise, when i tried ot investigate, i was directed to a AdWords account setup page. this is highly unethical and fraudulent. Charging someone for a transaction for a service and only allowing them to raise the issue by registering with the service they did not want in the first place.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This thread has been closed to new replies. Please post any related questions as new posts to the AdWords Community.