AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I have credit remaining, but my card still got charged

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

When I started my adword account in December (I think) I got the offer when I spent £25 I received £75 credit. So once I hit £25 they applied that credit to my account. And I still had over £30 left of my credit. However randomly Google decided to charge my card for about £22 which equaled to my spend over the past 30 days.

How come this just didn't come out of my balance??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paal S
January 2017

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

HI @Paal S

I think you will still be billed for the initial £25 you spend. So it is likely you will recieve a bill too for the remaining £3. If you look in billing and transactions this should larify this.

Your credit of £30 should still be there and free to spend without accuring costs that will be invoiced so long as you dont exceed the limit.

Without seeing the exact details this could be the scenario you describe?

You could also contact support to discuss the exact billing within the account. Here are your contact options

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7217785?visit_id=1-636196463120579467-3098514417&hl=en-GB&...

Best of luck

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paal S
January 2017

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

HI @Paal S

I think you will still be billed for the initial £25 you spend. So it is likely you will recieve a bill too for the remaining £3. If you look in billing and transactions this should larify this.

Your credit of £30 should still be there and free to spend without accuring costs that will be invoiced so long as you dont exceed the limit.

Without seeing the exact details this could be the scenario you describe?

You could also contact support to discuss the exact billing within the account. Here are your contact options

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7217785?visit_id=1-636196463120579467-3098514417&hl=en-GB&...

Best of luck

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Apologies for slow response. Many thanks for the quick response, and looks like you're correct.

Cheers

Paal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

aha same happened me... thanks