AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I have a daily budget set. How do I set a total not to exceed budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have a daily budget set. How do I set a total not to exceed bud

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you set the daily budget then Google will ensure that over the course of a month you do not exceed the total stipulated. However, you might find that on a day to day basis some days might exceed the daily limit - this will be balanced out by then end of the month.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello E2Associates

Welcome to adwords community, 

you choose a daily budget for each campaign based on your advertising goals and the general amount you're comfortable spending each day. Your daily budget applies to a single campaign, not all campaigns in your account.. 

AdWords helps you maximize your return on investment (ROI) by looking out for days when search traffic is higher, and then showing your ads more often on those days. When this happens, your total daily cost could be up to 20% more than your usual daily budget. 

Its upto you how much you want to spend in a day in single campaign. 

Hope it helps you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Just a quick addition to the above answers:

Though a variation of 20% of the daily budget is allowed; the total monthly spending will not exceed 30.4*daily bufget. (30.4 is the average number of days per month)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’