AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I got a "CC@GOOGLE.COM" charge on my card. Why?

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 1
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Can someone explain what CC@GOOGLE.COM,CA charge means? Thanks.

This popular discussion was copied from the former Help Forum.

Community Manager, Mini replied: 

First, i suggest you make sure that the charges you are talking about are from Google AdWords. AdWords charges appear on your credit card statement as the following:
If you use Visa or MasterCard

GOOGLE ADWORDS. CC@GOOGLE.COM

You can view details about AdWords charges on your account's Billing Summary page. To access this page:

Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.Click the Billing tab and select Billing summary.

If you see AdWords charges on your credit card statement, but you never signed up for an AdWords account, please follow these instructions 

http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/request.py?contact_type=unauthorized_non

You'll be asked to provide some information like the type and expiration date of your credit card. For your security, please do not send your full credit or debit card number. You will also need to attach a copy of your bank statement with the unauthorized charges highlighted. We'll use this proof for our investigation.

When we receive your information, we'll try to locate the associated account and charges in our system. We'll then contact you with further information.

Next, if you have put in your card in your AdWords account, we would charge an activation fee per your account's currency. This is very well laid out in the terms and conditions. Beyond that if you have advertised and accrued any clicks or impressions via AdWords you are liable to pay. And, by putting in your card on AdWords payment options page, you have agreed in principle that your card can be charged by AdWords. 

References:

Zee
G+
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I got a "CC@GOOGLE.COM" charge on my card. Why?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Thanks for this great material.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i have that same problem . which is none received email confirm also.. but I have to talk to the bank for investigated already... Thanks for share informations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My major concern with this is, why did I not get charged till nearly a month after my ad campaign ended? Or more so, as it seems I got charged for my first 4 campaigns all at once, when I was under the impression it was taking it out daily as budgeted.

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to both see and understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!