AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I entered voucher code to get £75 free but I have not yet received the credit

hxp
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
hxp
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I entered voucher code to get £75 free when I spent £25 on adwords but I have not yet received the credit.

My balance is now at £0.01 when will the £75 credit be deposited? My ads aren't running as the balance is too low and it's asking me to make another payment?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I entered voucher code to get £75 free but I have not yet received the credit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Hxp,

My best guess is that you were not compliant otherwise the amount would have been credited to your account long ago. Typical reasons are an expired code or an account more than 2 weeks old.

Best,

Lakatos

Re: I entered voucher code to get £75 free but I have not yet received the credit

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

As per Googler Simran, if you applied the right code and followed the terms and conditions which were there with the promo code, your amount should be applied within 24hrs of when you accrued advertising costs of  £25. Please read this official article by Googler Simran explaining the same. 

In case, you met all the requirements and amount is still not reflecting, it's better to get an opinion from Adwords Support on this.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Something confuses me about this.

I already have an adwords account and got this voucher. Does this mean I can use it on my account or need to open another account?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Derek, as far as I'm aware most of these coupons require that they be applied to a new Adwords account (one opened within 14 days).  

Please note you must not open another account.  Operating multiple Adwords accounts under the same legal identity is a serious breach of the Adwords policies and could see you permanently suspended from running Adwords.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

See that's what I thought, so why would they send me a voucher I can only use with a new account Smiley Frustrated

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Guys,

I just want to share my views on this topic.

As Cobnut said that the coupon can be applied to new accounts, I agree to his point. But on the other hand i also feel Its not necessary that a coupon can be applied only to new account (once opened within 14 days).

I have some clients who have their Adwords account running from years and I was able to apply the code on their account. This may be because that they never applied the code on their account. Unfortunately i dont have a link to back up my point..i will do on this when i have so.

So, here I personally feel that there might be two possibilities in this scenario.

1] Coupon can be applied to  new accounts (once opened within 14 days).

2] Coupon applied to old accounts where code is not ever redeemed on the account.

Please share your views on my post if you have any. Thanks for reading..:-)

Regards,
Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.