AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I currently have no ads active, however I am still being debited from my account. How can I rectify?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have no active ads however it looks like I am still being billed, I have received an email today advising that an amount is to be debited from my account shortly how can I cancell this. I always believed that you only paid when the ads were active.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I currently have no ads active, however I am still being debited from my account. How can I rect

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Are you using automatic payments?

"With automatic payments, you're charged only after you accrue costs for advertising activity. Your primary form of payment is automatically charged after your advertising costs reach a predetermined amount or after 30 days, whichever comes first."

So, if you didn't accrue the predetermined amount in advertising costs, then you wouldn't be charged on your credit card for the costs accrued until after the 30 day window. Look at your billing tab. Are there any reported charges for clicks after you paused all your ads? If not, then you are not still being charged for clicks that didn't occur, you are just being charged (on the credit card) for the charges that did accrue when the ads were active.

Make sure you pause the campaign(s) - If the campaign is active, and there is still one active ad somewhere, then that ad is still running, and costs could still be accrued.

Tom

Re: I currently have no ads active, however I am still being debited!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also having this problem and I am very frustrated with Google right now! They are charging me and I have no active ads and have not had any for a long time and there is no way for me to disable an ad that isnt running so I have no way stop them from charging me again in the future! 

My AdWords campain page looks like this: The line is completly flat at zero clicks and it even says, "There are no enabled or paused campaigns in this account."

Screen Shot 2014-02-07 at 3.30.40 PM.png

Yet my transaction history looks like this: 

Screen Shot 2014-02-07 at 3.39.29 PM.png

This is absolutly redicules because one part of the site clearly says I have no active campains and zero clicks while another part of the site says I do, and is charging me for it! What I would like to do is cancel any ads that I do have running so that Google never charges me for this again but I cant do this because I have no active ads! Why the inconsistance Google?!

Please help me fix this Google because I am not a happy costomer right now. I am getting charged for a service that I am not using and have no easy way to get you to stop charging me because it is so hard to comunicate with Google. My only hope is to post this and hope someone sees it!

Please reply and thanks in advance! 

I currently have no ads active, however I am still being debited from my account. How can I rectify?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Having the same issue. How can we resolve this?? No campaigns. No ads approved. Being billed!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Check to see if you have any ads running on YouTube. It turned out I had a YouTube ad running that for some reason wasn't linked to my AdWords account... kinda silly but after I canceled the YouTube ad I stopped getting billed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi jacob

Currently have the same problem - I'm wondering did you ever get it resolved and how?

Regards

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2013.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.