AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I cancelled my Ad Words account a month ago, yet they billed me $238.24 this morning

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We cancelled this account more than a month ago (we are a nonprofit organization that has since been approved for a Google Ad Grant, where we can receive up to $10,000 per month in free Google Ad placements;  very generous of Google).   A Google rep changed the account number, to apply for the Grant, from the old account to the current one within the past two weeks.  

YET, THIS MORNING, Ad Words charged my Chase Visa account $238.24 for ads that never were published.  [[GOOGLE *ADWORDSXXXXXXX]].  

Chase Bank recommend that I call Google Merchant Services at 855-836-3987 but they said that they don't know anything about Ad Words billing (???).

They told me to email Google (they gave me the website link)....TO GET THE REFUND FOR $238.24 FOR ADS THAT NEVER RAN but there is not really an area for that.  

We cancelled our Ad Words ads for account in early February yet Google charged me this morning.  HOW DO I GET A REFUND FOR $238.24 as soon as we can?

1 Expert replyverified_user

I cancelled my Ad Words account a month ago, yet they billed me $238.24 this morning

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tom P,

Was there any balance due on the old account? A charge of $238.24 is very specific and not an automated payment. It can take a little time from when you cancel an account and when it settles out and any outstanding balance is charged. Even though you were approved for a Google Ad Grant, any balances on past accounts previously would be owed by you and charged to your payment method on file. 

Please let us know more on this. Also, you could contact the rep the helped you recently and have them look into it.

Kind Regards,

James

Re: I cancelled my Ad Words account a month ago, yet they billed me $238.24 this morning

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, the account was at zero when we cancelled the account.

No ads have run since February 1.

Tom Parris
Founder/Director
972-669-1017