AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I canceled my account and it came back live so i deposited money in it and then it went cancelled.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey

I went to cancel my account because i set it up in Euros and it turns out that my money is in GBP at the moment.
So i cancelled the account which went fine.

I then went to setup another account and instead of a new one it said i already had one.

It then took me back to my account and it was back live and working fine.

So i deposited 1000 euors because it couldnt cancel and restart so i will take the hit on the currency conversion.

And then 20 minites later it said my account was cancelled even though there is 1000 euros pending deposit.

What do i do?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I canceled my account and it came back live. I want to re-cancel and get a refund

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello ChampagneX; welcome;

Technically, an account is not cancelled, since many, later, "regret " and want to reactivate the account,

Since you used the same email address to open a new account, the system recognized an existing (though cancelled) account, and reactivated it .

Something went wrong along the process:

You have two options:

1. To cancel the (reactivated) account and to follow the steps of refunding the balance left (see link below) ,
    OR to reactivate it (if still cancelled) and re-cancel again, following cancellation steps that include a refund of the remaining balance.
  2. Only when step 1 completed, to open a new account, under a different email. (Note, your account MUST be cancelled before opening a new one. Otherwise, you at risk of violating the "double serving" section of AdWords policy. (One business ---->one account)
  3. Another alternative: Call Google customer service, to sort things.

To cancel an account, follow the steps in this link:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2424605&rd=1

To ask for a refund, follow the steps in this link:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8440

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: I canceled my account and it came back live. I want to re-cancel and get a refund

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks very much for your answer.

Today there is an option showing for if i want to reinstate my account i just need to click a link.

I went ahead and clicked the link and i am just waiting for it to come back live.

I guess as i have just deposited 1000 euros i may as well stick with this account rather than refunding, closing and then opening a new account to fund again.