AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I'm being billed for a suspended account that I know nothing about

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have received an invoice from a Collection Agency attempting to collect for a Google Adwords account. I have no idea what this is for and when I call Google and key in account number it tells me the account is suspended. How can I figure out what this bill is for and whether or not I am responsible for the charges. 

Thank  you. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I'm being billed for a suspended account that I know nothi

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Bill,

You'll find Customer ID and period of account activity on the invoice. As you'd be paying 45/60 days later, it is quite possible that there were charges before your account was suspended. Try to match the Customer ID on the invoice to all accounts you have or know of. Try finding past invoices you've paid. Check your mailbox for 'unpaid invoice' notification emails. If you have an MCC account, it is possible that you've been running ads on Manager Defined Spend and later unlinked the account.

Let me know if you aren't able to find the account.

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sumanth,

Thank you. We are completely unaware of any account where we would owe this kind of money. When I call Google they say that the account is suspended and no one can tell me what the bill is for, what account is was associated with nothing. I do not ever remember seeing any bills ever.

Anything you can do to help would be appreciate.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Bill,

I'm assuming you know the Customer ID of the account, as you've called the support team. Did you ask them about the email ID associated to the account? Is the invoice addressed to your company name or something else?
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Because account was suspended there is no voice support, so I got on chat and hopefully got in touch with someone who is going to help. Looks like it might be possible fraud. They are going to investigate and contact me back in a few days hopefully with some good news.

To your question, we have no idea what email address is associated with it, that is why it is so concerning.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Thanks for the info Bill. At this moment, we can't conclude anything with details on the invoice. As the issue is being investigated, i'd suggest waiting for the support team to get back to you. In the meantine, if the collection agency gets in touch, you can let them know that you're in touch with Google to identify these charges.

Feel free to write back if you need any help.

Good luck,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar