AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I am seeing recurring $20 monthly charges labelled AdWords - don't have a single adwords anything...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting charged on my personal amex for $20 to Google AdWords which confuses me. I have several G Suite accounts but none have ever dipped into AdWords and I don't understand what this $20 charge is. 

Could it be a mislabelled G Suite Charge? The rest are clearly for G Suite and who wants to throw away $240 a year?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jasnik P
April 2017

I am seeing recurring $20 monthly charges labelled AdWords - don't have a single adwords anything...

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Jasnik,

Thanks for posting in the AdWords Community! The payment frequency and amount make me believe that they are not AdWords charges. We have seen banks occasionally mislabel other Google charges as AdWords charges. You can see what AdWords charges will typically look like here.

If you don't believe you have an AdWords account but received a charge labelled as AdWords, contact our support teams through this form here and they'll be happy to provide some more clarification for you. 

We hope this points you in the right direction.

Best,

Jens

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jasnik P
April 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Jasnik,

Thanks for posting in the AdWords Community! The payment frequency and amount make me believe that they are not AdWords charges. We have seen banks occasionally mislabel other Google charges as AdWords charges. You can see what AdWords charges will typically look like here.

If you don't believe you have an AdWords account but received a charge labelled as AdWords, contact our support teams through this form here and they'll be happy to provide some more clarification for you. 

We hope this points you in the right direction.

Best,

Jens