AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

I NEED HELP - HUGE OVERCHARGE?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, so yesterday (less than 24 hours ago) I set up an adwords campaign for one of my YouTube videos, I set a £10 per day budget. I woke up to my horror to find the following under "Total Costs".

helpme.PNG

Im scared and I feel violently ill. Is this an estimation or was I really just charged over £675 for under 12 hours of ads where

I set a £10 daily budget. Im almost in tears now and Im scared. Any help would be appriciated.

I have since closed the campaign and my billing section currently says "£0.00".

UPDATE: BILLING JUST UPDATED AND SAYS £8.90. whats going on?

UPDATE 2: I also have this table showing a served and actual cost:

help2.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author RedDualshock
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @RedDualshock,

No worries, please. What happened is that the campaign received a huge amount of overdelivery of traffic, however, the surplus was reimbursed to your account. Even though it is not very frequent nowadays, it still happens to everyone from time to time.

The valid daily charge is GBP12.00 which means a 20% overdelivery that is allowed by the terms and rules.

All in all, just sit back and relax, no need for worrying. (When I first started I was also a beginner... Smiley Happy)

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author RedDualshock
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @RedDualshock,

No worries, please. What happened is that the campaign received a huge amount of overdelivery of traffic, however, the surplus was reimbursed to your account. Even though it is not very frequent nowadays, it still happens to everyone from time to time.

The valid daily charge is GBP12.00 which means a 20% overdelivery that is allowed by the terms and rules.

All in all, just sit back and relax, no need for worrying. (When I first started I was also a beginner... Smiley Happy)

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much, you can imagine my worry when I woke up to that figure thinking they would charge me it !

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Absolutely. Hope you feel more comfortable now .... Smiley Happy