AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How to stop Adwords Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I receieved coupon for Adwords from GoDaddy to use and continue to be charged. I filed a dispute and sent emails to Google Adwords and now being charged more money and threatened to go to collections.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to stop Adwords Account

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Ebony,

Thanks for your post. This is something that would be best handled by our support team since it deals with you personal account details. For your privacy and protection, I am going to refer this post to our support team. They should be able to look at your account with you to see what the problem is. Be sure to keep a look out for an email from "adwords-support" if you do not receive an email check your spam box.

In the meantime, here is how you cancel your account. But just a heads up, if you have an account balance, we'll charge you within the next 60 days. Final charges include any costs you've accrued since the end of your last payment and before your ads stopped running.

Re: How to stop Adwords Account

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Ebony,

It's sad to hear that you need to cancel you Adwords account. Anyway pleae find how to cancel your account below.

How to cancel your account

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at http://adwords.google.com.
  2. From the My Account menu, select Preferences.

Preferences page
  3. In the "Account cancellation" section at the bottom of the page, click Cancel this account. This option won't appear if your AdWords account is already canceled or if your user account doesn't have administrative access.

Cancel your account
  4. In the pop-up box that appears, you can follow links to troubleshoot common issues, leave us feedback about why you're canceling your account, and confirm that you want to cancel your account by clicking Cancel my account at the bottom.
Note

If you plan on opening or accessing a different AdWords account in the future, you should change the email address associated with your AdWords account before you cancel your account. It's not possible to have two AdWords accounts with the same email address, even if one of the accounts is canceled. To change the email address associated with your account, click the gear icon  and choose Account settings, select Preferences, and edit your email account.

Please read more information here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2424604?hl=en