AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How to limit the budget per day for all my ad campaigns (total cost)?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,  I'm new to Google Adwords and I want to know is there way of  set a budget for a day in adwords? Example: If I'm running 3 campaign for a client and I want to limit the daily budget for $100 (not for each campaign, cost for total 3 campaigns)?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shaffraz M
September 2015

Re: How to limit the budget per day for all my ad campaigns (total cos

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shaffraz, there's a few ways you can do this.

#1  Use a Shared Budget.  You can set up Shared Budgets in the "Shared Library" section of the AdWords UI (look in the left-hand column).  Simply set the budget to $100 and apply it to the three Campaigns and you're done.  AdWords will now spend $100 per day spread across all three Campaigns.

#2  You could do it manually.  If you only have three Campaigns it shouldn't be too hard to work out how to split $100 between them.  Set each at $33 a day or one at $40 and two at $30 and so on.

#3  You could use a Manager Defined Spend, though this could be more complex than necessary.

#4  If you wanted to get more complex you could use Scripts to control the daily budget based upon previous performance.  This would allow you to dynamically allocate the $100 to the Campaigns which need it the most, or which have the highest performance, etc.

Do bear in mind that a fixed budget is often not the best way to run AdWords.  If you're measuring conversion data, your budget should really be driven by success, not by a hard limit.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shaffraz M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shaffraz, there's a few ways you can do this.

#1  Use a Shared Budget.  You can set up Shared Budgets in the "Shared Library" section of the AdWords UI (look in the left-hand column).  Simply set the budget to $100 and apply it to the three Campaigns and you're done.  AdWords will now spend $100 per day spread across all three Campaigns.

#2  You could do it manually.  If you only have three Campaigns it shouldn't be too hard to work out how to split $100 between them.  Set each at $33 a day or one at $40 and two at $30 and so on.

#3  You could use a Manager Defined Spend, though this could be more complex than necessary.

#4  If you wanted to get more complex you could use Scripts to control the daily budget based upon previous performance.  This would allow you to dynamically allocate the $100 to the Campaigns which need it the most, or which have the highest performance, etc.

Do bear in mind that a fixed budget is often not the best way to run AdWords.  If you're measuring conversion data, your budget should really be driven by success, not by a hard limit.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Many thanks for your solution. I have set the shared budget and I can see the changes in the dashboard.

Thanks again.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
These are great suggestions from Jon - I've been happy with shared budgets... it tends to help not leave budget on the table at the end of the day - but you need to be careful that a greedy campaign doesn't get more than it's share, so keep a close eye on things to make sure the "runts of the litter" don't get left behind - as they can also be the best converters.