AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How to let multiple people separately fund a campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

I have a small website that I run together with a few of my friends. We want to use Google Adwords for advertising, but we’re unsure about how we’re going to manage the funding. We wish to avoid a situation where we manually send our money to one of us, instead we wish that each person could use their own credit cards and decide for themselves how much and when, they’ll spend money on advertising.

So, what is the best way to do this?

Is it possible to have separate adwords accounts run separate campaigns for the same website? Or is the best way to do this to give the others access to a single adwords account? If so, can they all add their credit cards and add funds separately?

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to let multiple people separately fund a campaign

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Bri80,

You can only fund an account with one source of payment at a time. You may want to consider creating separate accounts for campaign and link them together with an MCC acount. This link will help you get started:

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704399?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jordan, thank you for you help so far!

When I was googling this after I had made my post, I found a reference to something called "double serving", which as far as I understand isn't allowed. When it comes to creating separate accounts and linking them together with a manager account, wouldn't this be considered "double serving"? Running several campaigns for a single domain is apparently not allowed, unless I'm mistaken.

Or can a manager account somehow create an "umbrella campaign", which is funded by the accounts linked to the manager account?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Bri,

You might be able to achieve what you want through manual payments. You pay in advance so possibly your group gets a prepaid visa card that you all contribute to?

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704418?hl=en

Just a thought...

Take Care,

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, I guess what I wanted simply isn't possible to do. Apparently it's not possible to have several sources of funding for a campaign in adwords right now. Smiley Sad

So I guess the easiest thing to do is to give one of us responsibility for the billing... Anyways, thanks for your help everyone!