AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How to get notified re account level budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I would like to be notified when my Account level set AdWords budget is running low?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to get notified re account level budget?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sourav D,

You can use automated rules at campaign level to get these notification. Follow following step :

You can use automated rules to trigger emails when certain conditions occur. For example, let's say that you have a campaign with a daily budget of $100. You can set an automated rule to run at noon every day to email you if you’ve spent more than $50 so far that day. Upon receiving the email alert, you can then choose whether you want to increase your budget so as not to throttle your campaign for the rest of the day.

To create a rule that sends an email if specific campaigns have accrued more than $50 in cost by 12 p.m.:

1. Click All campaigns in the left panel of your AdWords account.
  2. From the list of campaigns below, check any that you want to monitor with this rule.
  3. From the Automate button drop-down button above your campaign details, select Send email when...
  4. In the "Apply to" section, choose Selected campaigns.

See how to customize email rule
  5. In the “Requirements” section, enter Cost > $50.
  6. Set the Frequency to Daily 12 PM using data from the Same day.
  7. Name your rule and click Save.

You can set up similar rules to email you when certain conditions happen in ad groups, ads, and keywords.

Hope it helps . Read more about automated rules here

Regards

Zaidan

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sourav D,

You can use automated rules at campaign level to get these notification. Follow following step :

You can use automated rules to trigger emails when certain conditions occur. For example, let's say that you have a campaign with a daily budget of $100. You can set an automated rule to run at noon every day to email you if you’ve spent more than $50 so far that day. Upon receiving the email alert, you can then choose whether you want to increase your budget so as not to throttle your campaign for the rest of the day.

To create a rule that sends an email if specific campaigns have accrued more than $50 in cost by 12 p.m.:

1. Click All campaigns in the left panel of your AdWords account.
  2. From the list of campaigns below, check any that you want to monitor with this rule.
  3. From the Automate button drop-down button above your campaign details, select Send email when...
  4. In the "Apply to" section, choose Selected campaigns.

See how to customize email rule
  5. In the “Requirements” section, enter Cost > $50.
  6. Set the Frequency to Daily 12 PM using data from the Same day.
  7. Name your rule and click Save.

You can set up similar rules to email you when certain conditions happen in ad groups, ads, and keywords.

Hope it helps . Read more about automated rules here

Regards

Zaidan

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zaidan,

thanks for your answer, but this doesn't quite answer OPs question. He asked how to setup a notification when the account level budget is running low. What you are describing only applies to campaign level budgets. 

I, just like the OP, is looking for a way to receive a notification when the account is nearing its budget. This used to be possible, but it seems like this option has been removed. 

So the question remains: is there really no way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

David

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi David,

Since there isn't an "account-level budget" in AdWords, there isn't a way that I know to generate an email like the one you're looking for. You could try the solution above, choosing "All Enabled Campaigns" instead of selected campaigns in the dropdown menu, but I have a feeling that would still only send you an email if any of the enabled campaigns reach the given spend threshold that you set. You may be able to use AdWords Scripts to get the functionality you're after, though--you could check with the folks on that forum.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Cassie,

You are incorrect - there is an account level budget if you are on monthly invoicing: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375395?hl=en  It used to be (not sure if it still is, or if it's been renamed to "Account budget") referred to as a Manager Defined Spend.

It used to be, years ago (at least 6, maybe 7 years ago) you would get emailed alerts when your Manager Defined Spend budget was running low - if I remember correctly it was when it reached 80-90% spend.  Those emails were great, but for some reason stopped being sent out.  It would be great if those emails could be sent out again, or if there was a way to use AdWords Scripts or Automated Rules to send alerts when an Account level budget was almost depleted.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

@Josh B Thanks for the clarification. Most of our Community members do not use monthly invoicing, so this wouldn't be an option for them. But you are correct that this "account budgets" are available for those on monthly invoicing.

There currently is not a solution built into AdWords which can automate an email for account budget depletion. This may be possible through AdWords scripts, though. This example from a couple years ago is related to campaign budget rather than account budget, but may be useful. The AdWords Scripts Forum is also a great resource for scripting questions.

Hope this helps,

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think this is the right site to get me checked out on wish.com, I am not a company or do I want to advertise. Please direct me to site to correct any problems so I can get my order from Wish.com. Thank you