AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How to create new AdWords account (with USD currency) when I have an old AdWords account (with EUR)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I am trying to set up Google Grants (for non-profits) for our NGO in Finland. We are eligible for this program, but I do need to set up a Google AdWords account with very specific settings - the currency has to be USD. However, we already have one AdWords account with a currency of euro. I have cancelled our old account but it keeps popping up when I try to create a new account. Google Adwords just redirects any attempts to create a new account to our already existing (although cancelled) account, with the euro. (I have tried both creating account with the same gmail-address as well as creating a totally new account. Both steps lead to the same place: our old account.)

So it seems impossible to change the account and the currency, which is a necessary step to apply for Google Grants. How can I proceed? How can I create a new USD account when I already have an old EURO account? Thank you for any tips or help!

Best wishes,

Susanna K.

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to create new AdWords account (with USD currency) when I have an old AdWords account (with EUR)

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ihmisoikeusliitto,

I am under the impression that all the way while you are trying to create a new AdWords account, in fact, you are keeping being logged in to your old Google account. To cut a long story short, I'd create the new $-based AdWords account on another computer by using a new email address. Maybe a different browser will also do the trick.

Best,

Lakatos