AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How to create new AdWords account (with USD currency) when I have an old AdWords account (with EUR)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I am trying to set up Google Grants (for non-profits) for our NGO in Finland. We are eligible for this program, but I do need to set up a Google AdWords account with very specific settings - the currency has to be USD. However, we already have one AdWords account with a currency of euro. I have cancelled our old account but it keeps popping up when I try to create a new account. Google Adwords just redirects any attempts to create a new account to our already existing (although cancelled) account, with the euro. (I have tried both creating account with the same gmail-address as well as creating a totally new account. Both steps lead to the same place: our old account.)

So it seems impossible to change the account and the currency, which is a necessary step to apply for Google Grants. How can I proceed? How can I create a new USD account when I already have an old EURO account? Thank you for any tips or help!

Best wishes,

Susanna K.

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to create new AdWords account (with USD currency) when I have an old AdWords account (with EUR)

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ihmisoikeusliitto,

I am under the impression that all the way while you are trying to create a new AdWords account, in fact, you are keeping being logged in to your old Google account. To cut a long story short, I'd create the new $-based AdWords account on another computer by using a new email address. Maybe a different browser will also do the trick.

Best,

Lakatos