AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How to change billing country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is already a question at this forum which I also have, he wrote: "how can i change my business information, Country in the billing profile." You answered, but not to the questions asked. When he repeats the question there is no answer at all. I really would like to know HOW TO CHANGE BILLING COUNTRY?! I can change address etc ok.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to change billing country

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Kari.

If you need to change the billing country you'll have to create a new account. You cannot change that part of an AdWords account.

The AdWords Editor is a tool which can help you migrate everything very quickly from one account to another.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Can I ask WHY Google has decided on this policy? It is very frustrating for people who move or may move countries. I'd like to open a Google Apps for Work account for my new blog, but I'm really not sure whether to put my country of citizenship (Canada) or where I am currently living, but do not have permanent residency - since apparently there is no way to change it afterwards.

Thanks,
Sapna

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

Thank you.