AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How to add money to my account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So frustrating....

How do I add money to my account?  I have the credit card attached.  I set it for $20 a day, I have the ads and keywords setup and enabled.  But no money is being taken out and because of this the ads aren't showing.  It says the the ads are not able to post because I've exhausted my spending limit.  The spending limit is from two click $.60.  That $.60 is tied to an old balance of $1 from 2 years ago

I just want to get my ads going and Google adwords is never open.  Please help

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: How to add money to my account

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulties with your billing in AdWords.  It looks like you're on automatic payments and based on your screenshot yesterday, you had about $0.30 left in the account.  

If you're on automatic payments, we charge you only after you accrue costs for advertising activity. You designate a primary form of payment for your advertising costs, and it's automatically charged after your advertising costs reach a predetermined amount or after 30 days, whichever comes first.

Here is a Help Center article with more on how automatic payments work: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=113297

Have you given us a call yet at 866-2GOOGLE?  We're available 9 am - 8 pm EST, Monday-Friday, and more than happy to clarify any AdWords issue for you!

Best,

MoMo

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello

At Billing summary please check Google credited the money or not, if it is then it will refelect in your billing summary. Kindly check how much balance you had been left in account. You can choose the automatic or manual payment method to recharge your account. 

Also check what's daily budget you set for the campaign, if your daily budget is too low then Google will stop showing your ad as it reaches to its threshold amount or daily limit amount.

Dinesh
My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Daily budget is $20

It currently shows only my last payment info with my last credit card, that is now DELETED. The primary payment method is showing, but is not being billed. The current balance is $.30 from my old credit card, which is deleted.

How do I add money to my account so I can get these ads going?

Last Payment
USD $1.02
Aug 7, 2010: Visa (...4449)
Primary Payment Method
Visa (...7288) - valid
Backup: None
Current Balance
(USD $0.30)

You will be billed every USD $50.00.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can chat with them...... why wouldn't everybody just do that?  **bleep** what a nightmare all this is for something so simple

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Paul,

Are you reusing your Adwords account after a long gap? As per your screenshot, it shows that last successful payment happened in 2010. So is it that you logged into your account after a long time or so?

Did you try reaching out to Adwords support for this?

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulties with your billing in AdWords.  It looks like you're on automatic payments and based on your screenshot yesterday, you had about $0.30 left in the account.  

If you're on automatic payments, we charge you only after you accrue costs for advertising activity. You designate a primary form of payment for your advertising costs, and it's automatically charged after your advertising costs reach a predetermined amount or after 30 days, whichever comes first.

Here is a Help Center article with more on how automatic payments work: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=113297

Have you given us a call yet at 866-2GOOGLE?  We're available 9 am - 8 pm EST, Monday-Friday, and more than happy to clarify any AdWords issue for you!

Best,

MoMo