AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How reliable are Google Certified adword partners like vcustomer?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you are new to Google Adwords, you must have received couple of calls from various "Google Certified" adword companies. Well, so did I, from a company called "vCustomer" now known as Rampgreen. The process of handling over your account to these people is very vulnerable. Yes, you do not share your password, but practically you are giving them everything to run a campaign and hence utilizing your deposit money.

I gave access to this company named vcustomer. I didn't watch my account for couple of months. When I came back, I was shocked to see the situation. All my account deposit was vanished. When I digged deeper into it, I learnt that this company had been running campaigns for it's other customers for a long time using my account, my money. When I contacted them, they gave me an explanation that it was a "mistake by an employee" Lots of calls, followups and I haven't got my money back til today. I have lost faith in these third party "Google Certified Adwords Partner". It was really shocking to see a company being involved in such practices having such a great brand name like Google associated with it.

If you are planning to use Google Adwords heavily for your campaigns, believe me these so called third party partners are not the solution. With lots of campaigns running already for you, you will never know if they are running their own campaigns, that too under your nose.

Google Adwords is an amazing service and can do wonders to your business if used wisely. 

( No, I do not run any SEO/SEM company. Just posting this message in the interest of small business entrepreneurs like me who put their hard work and hard earned money to make things happen )

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit G
September 2015

Re: How reliable are Google Certified adword partners like vcustomer?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Amit G ! Welcome to the community !

Sorry to hear your story, it is the first time that I read something like this.

My guidance (as a begginer in adwords, not a certified user or partner), if you have tried to solve this in a peaceful manner with that partner and failed, you can complain to the adwords team using a form on this page, to the bottom :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

I am quoting : 

Best way to reach us: Fill out our partner complaint form.

What we'll do: We'll work with the partner to ensure they do not violate our policies. Accountability is a core principle of AdWords, and focusing on what's best for the advertiser is ultimately the best long-term course for third-parties working with AdWords.

Note: The substance of the complaint may be shared with the third-party partner. However, your name and contact information will remain anonymous unless we get your explicit permission to share them with the third-party partner

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit G
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Amit G ! Welcome to the community !

Sorry to hear your story, it is the first time that I read something like this.

My guidance (as a begginer in adwords, not a certified user or partner), if you have tried to solve this in a peaceful manner with that partner and failed, you can complain to the adwords team using a form on this page, to the bottom :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

I am quoting : 

Best way to reach us: Fill out our partner complaint form.

What we'll do: We'll work with the partner to ensure they do not violate our policies. Accountability is a core principle of AdWords, and focusing on what's best for the advertiser is ultimately the best long-term course for third-parties working with AdWords.

Note: The substance of the complaint may be shared with the third-party partner. However, your name and contact information will remain anonymous unless we get your explicit permission to share them with the third-party partner

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Amit G;

If you run a search on this community you;'ll find a few more cases.

A certification doesn't and cannot guarantee the performance, and certainly not proper conduct of business. There are a number of steps that you, as a business owner, need to take to "keep an eye" on your account;

Check the following list of recommendations by our colleague top contributor Jon (aka "cobnut")

Choosing a PPC agency

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Moshe,

A little offtopic : there is similar topic about reliability of others taking care of new adwords accounts that needs your input, if it is possible. I think for the future, it is best that I leave any suspension messages to you, but that just seemed to require an urgent reply and at least I got him/her to provide some more details.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Adwords-accound-suspanded-Why/m...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

All lawyers have to pass the bar exam.... I rest my case.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Adrian;

If you check previous discussions by the lady you will see that she was answered numerous times, while still keep posting (you can mention it to her ...). Instead of starting to fix  the site, she is coming back and post. That will not help much. She has to fix the site.

Please also note that the letter she posted, is in-line with my recommendation of policy violation,

Adrian B wrote:

Hello Moshe,

A little offtopic : there is similar topic about reliability of others taking care of new adwords accounts that needs your input, if it is possible. I think for the future, it is best that I leave any suspension messages to you, but that just seemed to require an urgent reply and at least I got him/her to provide some more details.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Adwords-accound-suspanded-Why/m...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Adrian,

I have filed a complaint against them. Let see what Google does about it.