AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How payment works

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi This is my first time trying the ad campaign. Sorry if this is a stupid question but just want to be sure...I've setup everything and currently on the review stage of the campaign, I setup my budget to be quite low to see how it goes but at the bottom of the review it says 

Automatic payments

You'll be charged when your balance reaches £50.00 or 30 days after your last automatic payment, whichever comes first.

Can you explain a bit what this means, my budget is only £9 so that is what I'll be charged right? Will my budget come out from my account all at once when the campaign starts or at the end or do I have to wait 30 days for an automatic payment?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Hi sorry dont think I explained it correctly, my whole ca...

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

It's same sue. 0.67 daily so it's obvious that you not going to reach 50euros in one month. So if you going to spend 0.67 daily then around 20euros will deduct from your account after 30 days.

It's estimate number i have mentioned. If you reach 50 euros in 2 days then they will deduct. but not, then they will wait for 30 days if you don't spend 50 euros in 30 days then they will deduct the amount you spent on campaign on 30th days.

I think you choosed Post Pay instead of Prepay method. With prepay method you can deposite amount and can run your ads which deduct from your account balance. visit (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704418?hl=en)

If you are satisfied with answer then please mark as solution and Give a star.

Best of Luck!

View solution in original post

Re: How payment works

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Sue,

You daily budget is 9. So estimate Monthly will be 270. So you will charge around 5-7 days.

It clearly say when your balance reaches £50.00 or 30 days after your last automatic payment, whichever comes first. So 50 comes first (if you reach 9 euros everyday). If you are not running your ads and not reached 50 then they will deduct amount you spend after 30 days.

Let me know still you are confuse.

Hi sorry dont think I explained it correctly, my whole ca...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi sorry dont think I explained it correctly, my whole campaign budget is £9 my daily budget is approx £0.67 Smiley Happy I'm just unsure about when the charges will actually occur since my campaign budget is quite low will adwords take the £9 when the campaign begins or ends or take the daily budget? Or since my campaign budget is so low will it only take after 30days?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

It's same sue. 0.67 daily so it's obvious that you not going to reach 50euros in one month. So if you going to spend 0.67 daily then around 20euros will deduct from your account after 30 days.

It's estimate number i have mentioned. If you reach 50 euros in 2 days then they will deduct. but not, then they will wait for 30 days if you don't spend 50 euros in 30 days then they will deduct the amount you spent on campaign on 30th days.

I think you choosed Post Pay instead of Prepay method. With prepay method you can deposite amount and can run your ads which deduct from your account balance. visit (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704418?hl=en)

If you are satisfied with answer then please mark as solution and Give a star.

Best of Luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok thanksSmiley Happy

Re: How payment works

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Sue,

Welcome to the Community! Kandarp explained the billing thresholds in great detail above, but I just wanted to send on this helpful Help Center article. I found it useful when I was trying to understand billing thresholds. 

The article is here: http://goo.gl/n8vrr6.

Good luck with your campaign!