AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How official is the following guideline in the community library?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How official is an article like the below from the community forum.. Would adwords pretty much accept it as an ok guide to use.. in other words if I use its advice will it be generally accepted as ok...

Or is there a more official guide that must be referred to for the same material...

In other words can I generaly go by this article and be safe.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Search-Query-Level-Landing-Page-Search-Query-i...

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author master
September 2015

Re: How official is the following guideline in the community library?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Master,

More than official guideline user articles works as ad-word experts ideas/advices and experiences regarding various subjects related to adwords.

Even though they are not official adwords guidelines from Google you can get very valuable points from these articles to improve the campaigns.

Just my idea Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author master
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Master,

More than official guideline user articles works as ad-word experts ideas/advices and experiences regarding various subjects related to adwords.

Even though they are not official adwords guidelines from Google you can get very valuable points from these articles to improve the campaigns.

Just my idea Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
It's an article written by a community member, not Google official material.

I doubt Google will ever write a guideline for capturing the search query from a URL and using it in a way that abides to Google AdWords' policies.

What you need to be careful about is to follow the policies. The implementation is less important as long as the end goal of presenting relevant content while following the policies is achieved.

Be careful though not to break the rules, either by not studying the policies carefully or by making implementation mistakes, because at the end nobody will care that you broke a rule because the programmer messed things up.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Butting in here as the article in question was written by me.

I completely agree with @AdWiser and Nisal

This is not official documentation my any stretch of imagination this is a little trick which i found out while working on ecom accounts. 

If I was in your place I wouldn't try this without help of expert coder and before making sure I am following landing page and destination URL policies. 

All I can say is it has worked for me Smiley Happy

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog