AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How much is the service fee for interest category ads ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I've seen this jewel "

• You may pay an additional service fee for interest category ads on the Display Network. In such cases, your maximum bid is reduced before the auction and the fee is added to the closing auction price."

in this page 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2996564?hl=en

Now my questions are ;

1) How is the fee applied  to all advertisers bidding on the same page , is it flexible, a percentage maybe ?

2) Or Is it a fixed fee , affecting differently and not equal all advertisers ? 

3) Does it apply to remarketing too since it the category is called "Interests and remarketing ?

4) Does it apply to affinity categories too or similar audiences targeting too ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: How much is the service fee for interest category ads ?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Adrian, 

Thanks so much for your patience as we waited to get some clarification on the questions that you asked.  I'll detail our findings below!

1) How is the interest category fee applied to all advertisers bidding on the same page?  Is it flexible, a percentage maybe?

The fee is generally a percentage of closing auction price.  It may apply to any advertiser bidding on interest category ads.

2) Or Is it a fixed fee, affecting differently and not equal all advertisers?

Again, the fee is generally a percentage of closing auction price.  All advertisers using interest category ads are treated equally.

3) Does it apply to remarketing too since it the category is called "Interests and remarketing?

Not at this time.

4) Does it apply to affinity categories too or similar audiences targeting too?

Yes for affinity categories (they are described as part of interest categories here).  Not for similar audiences at this time.  

Thanks again for the great questions, Adrian, and please do let us know if you have any more.

Sincerely,

Kelly W.

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Adrian,

Let me check into this for you. Stay tuned!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ding dong, any updates on this ? Smiley Happy

I have paused the campaign based on interest targeting + keywords.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Adrian, 

Thanks so much for your patience as we continue to wait for an answer from our technical team!  I promise we haven't forgotten about you.  Smiley Happy

I'll be in touch, 

Kelly

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Adrian, 

Thanks so much for your patience as we waited to get some clarification on the questions that you asked.  I'll detail our findings below!

1) How is the interest category fee applied to all advertisers bidding on the same page?  Is it flexible, a percentage maybe?

The fee is generally a percentage of closing auction price.  It may apply to any advertiser bidding on interest category ads.

2) Or Is it a fixed fee, affecting differently and not equal all advertisers?

Again, the fee is generally a percentage of closing auction price.  All advertisers using interest category ads are treated equally.

3) Does it apply to remarketing too since it the category is called "Interests and remarketing?

Not at this time.

4) Does it apply to affinity categories too or similar audiences targeting too?

Yes for affinity categories (they are described as part of interest categories here).  Not for similar audiences at this time.  

Thanks again for the great questions, Adrian, and please do let us know if you have any more.

Sincerely,

Kelly W.