AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How much does adwords charge on top of the doubleclick rate paid?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Guys - Looking to place some ads online.  I have done som research and I want to know what I am being charged by adwords on top of the auction cost paid in doubleclick exchange?  I assume its something like 10%-50% but welcome your guidance.

Regards,

James

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How much does adwords charge on top of the doubleclick rate paid?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome;

Those are probably account management fees charged by the agency that runs / manage your account. Google charges only for  clicks.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure thats right (it may be).

I am looking to run the account myself. 

Adsense pays 68% to the published so they are charging more than for just the clicks somewhere.  Is is google charging them 32% and me nothing?  Gues I am thinking about how should I think about this?

https://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=180195&topic=1705820&ctx=topic

Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Adsense is a different program.

On AdWords: Google does not charge any service / account management fee etc...

You pay ONLY for the clicks. If you choose to run and manage your campaign yourself - that is what you will be charged for.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So google passes on 68 sents to the adsense user from what the adwords buyer pays but the value of a click is $1 and they take 32 cents from the publisher?  I was thinking that the value is 68 cents and they charge me an extra 32 cents - or close to 50%?

Either way I guess its the same result but my basic question was to see if there was anything else charged on top of the deduction to which the published receives (Ie do we pay 1.1 including a 10 cents fee and the published nets 68 cents including a 32 cents fee for a total of 42 cents)

It however appears transparent that the fee is charged on the publisher side - even if the buyer ends up paying extra - and nothing extra added.  This is good for me as a potential buyer compared to what i suspected.

Cheers