AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How does Google AdsWord budget work?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I am a new user of google AdWord,

I am trying to understand how does the payment work for the budgeting system.

1) When will I be charge let's say I have submitted a budget for $50 dollars?

2) Do I get charge right away or after the service is done? 

3) What happened if I want to cancel the budget? Do I get reimbursed the whole amount?

4) What happened if I didn't spend all $50 dollars worth of ads? Does the remaining money go to my account directly?

Once again I am really trying to understand how everything works. It would be nice if you can provide me as much detailed information as possible!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jack L,

You will be charged for each click if goal is focusing on clicks, for thousand impressions if goal is focusing on impressions and views for video ads

For your reference: Understanding bidding basics.

Based on the default settings, The system will adjust this daily budget of $50 to run throughout the day.

If you pause the campaigns/ads, you will only be charged till the time your ads were live and you will not be entertained with the refund for the used budget until you have been charged for any invalid clicks.

Though you will get refund for the remaining balance if you cancel the AdWords account.

If any day your daily budget has not been used completely, the system may adjust that remaining amount for the next days.

Let's say you set your budget at $5 a day and your billing cycle is 30 days. Over the course of the month, you notice that your charges vary. Some days you're charged $2, on others you're charged $7. But at the end of the month, your charges won't exceed $152 (that's 30.4 multiplied by your $5 budget).

Here are some useful links:

Charges and your daily budget

Why costs might exceed your average daily budget

Understanding why you've been charged

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: How does Google AdsWord budget work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But does the system charge my card right away or they charge it at the end
of the month?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It depends on the payment method used.

For your reference: About payment settings

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’