AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How do you query an invoice from Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been charged on my Google Ad words accounts for a Google places Ad .  I was unaware that this was chargeable and want to query the charge with Google– can anyone tell me how I can do this? 

Re: How do you query an invoice from Google

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I would go to the billing tab and then to billing summary in your ad center? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, thanks for the reply–okay I can do that I can see a series of invoices over the last few months.

What I want to say to Google is “hey, why have you sent me these invoices and taking these charges I don't recall signing up  for this?"

What the invoices relate to are invoices for a Google Places entry I placed about 6 months ago,  I thought the entry was completely free–I suspect that it was free, but only for the first 3 months.

Ive  now deleted the entry so, I'd like to get them to confirm that I won't receive any more charges–and also let them know that I'm not very happy to have been charged for service that wasn't clearly explained.

Any comments /help much appreciated

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay I am a little confused but let me see if I understand your question.. 

Your ads were running ads on Google places then you will be charged but it is the same charge as if your ad had been clicked on in the search network. This is a GREAT feature for local businesses.

As for just creating an account in Google places that is completely free,

Hope I answered your question.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I  made an entry onto Google places for my business, I wasn't aware that it was an “ad" as such my understanding was that it was just an entry that would  improve our general presence for organic searches.

I accept that that might have been a mistake.

Then a couple of months (as far as I'm aware we didn't receive any charges) then a few months ago a series of charges started to come through.

We are an online business, so geographical based searches have absolutely no relevance to us, we don't have an office or shop presence,  we have used Google ads in the past–hence that's why we have the account.

The total costs are approximately 140 UK pounds..  so it's not a lot of money, but we are a small business.

any guidance  as to how we might get a refund or partial refund would be much appreciated

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I am not sure if this helps but yo can try calling 1-866-246-6453. 

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 7
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi colin73,

Thanks for posting on the forum. As your query is account specific, I've passed it onto our support team. Somebody will be in touch with you. Let us know if your issue gets resolved.

Best,
Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

that's brilliant–  thanks I'll wait to hear from them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I'm still waitjng for someonbe at the support team to get in touch, does this usualy take a while?

thanks

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Hi colin73,

Can you confirm if you heard back anythign from the AdWords support team? 

Thanks, 

Mini