AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How do I redeem Promotional Code from google-places-noreply@google.com: Gives Error Message

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

So I check my e-mail this morning and I got an e-mail from Google (google-places-noreply@google.com) saying they want me to try Places Ads with a $400 promotion code.

I click on the link and it takes me to AdWords, where I go to

Billing > More Actions > Apply Promotion to for AdWords Customer ID: xxx-xxx-xxxx > Promotion Code ID: xxxxx-yyyyy-zzzzz (provided in the e-mail) > Submit 

Then I get the following Error message:

Sorry, you are not eligible for this promotional code for the following reason(s): The length of time since your account was created.

I then realized after re-reading the offer that offer was "valid for new customers only". But if thats the case, why in the world am I getting these e-mails with $400 promo codes?

When I clicked on google.com/ads/placesguarantee I am taken to my AdWords account. When I click on "Run an online ad" I am taken to my AdWords account. So I'm confused I’m confused where to put the promotion code.

I am aware of http://www.google.com/local ads. However, cpc on local was rediculious (10 visitor clicks costed $80, for search terms I did not want, 0 conversions, 100% bounce rate, yuck!- wheras AdWords I have 5-16 leads for $80)

In fact, everytime I visit google.com/ads/placesguarantee I am redirected to my AdWords account.

I then opened a new browser instance and cleared all cookies and proxy IP. And then visited http://www.google.com/ads/placesguarantee/

Which contained the following content:

The customers you’re looking for,
are looking for you — on Google.

Sign up before December 31st, 2012, and get up to $400 back with our limited guarantee if you’re not happy with the results of your campaign.

Get up to $400 back

when you spend $25

3 easy steps to redeem your credit

1. Click “Start my Ads Trial Now”
  2. Create your ad, following the step-by-step instructions
  3. Enter your unique code from the top of your gift card
    after entering your billing information (codes are case
    sensitive, and be sure to include the dashes)

Need more help? Check out our sign-up tips

Start my Ads Trial Now

Or call 1-800-903-0288 for free setup support.

Benefits of advertising on Google AdWords Express

Effective: Show your ad to people who are interested in what you have to offer

Measurable: See exactly what you're getting for your money

Flexible: Change, pause or stop your ad at any time

No Risk: You only pay when prospective customers click on your ad to get more information

This is the contents of the e-mail: (Linked, Images and Image Links not attached)

Make it easier for
people to find you.

Run an online ad

google.com/ads/placesguarantee

Hello from Google.

With a listing on Google, you've made it easy for people to locate your business, leave reviews, and spread the good word. Now I'd like to suggest a way for you to bring in even more customers.

Your current customers likely search for your business by name (e.g. "MyBusinessName"). Prospective customers, however, tend to search by topic and city (e.g. "Brett's flowers" "San Marcos"), which means it's likely your business won't show up — especially if you're in a neighboring city.

With an ad on Google, you can make it easy for people to find you using the words they choose. 

Getting started is easy.

You can set your own budget and your own price for ads. We're also offering a limited guarantee: a refund of up to $400 if you're not happy with your ads and close your account before 60 days. To get this guarantee, be sure to enter the code below in the "billing tab" of your account within 14 days of running your first ad. 

Go to google.com/ads/placesguarantee and use offer code 3YJ9R-H94FR-QRDW before December 31, 2012. Or, if you prefer, we'll set up your ad for you, free. Just call us at 1-800-903-0288. (Offer valid for new customers only.)

Thanks for your partnership with Google.

Best wishes,
Brett Willms
The Google AdWords Team

Run an online ad

Re: How do I redeem Promotional Code from google-places-noreply@google.com: Gives Error Message

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Maxroizer,

I've passed your issue to the support team. Somebody will reach out to you soon.

Thanks,
Zee
G+