AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How do I make a manual payment while being on auto?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am on auto payments because I am in the UK, but someone wants to pay part of my advertising cost, one time only. So they need to make a manual payment that then shows as credit on my account. How can they do that?

Help section says that while being on auto you can still make manual payments as well, but it doesnt say how.

thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Re: How do I make a manual payment while being on auto?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Radu T,

You tried this? Go to cogwheel /3 dots in upper right corner of your account, select Billing & payment, and click on Summary

In addition to other details and dependent on your account experience, you should see something like this:

Capture0may11.JPG

Thereby you can make a manual payment even if you are on automatic with a high payment threshold. However, chances are it's much easier if you make the payment on your own and the guys credit your card in return. Else you should first select Payment methods on the right-hand menu and click on Add payment method so you can add your friend's card.

Capture0may11a.JPG

There may be slight differences versus my images dependent on when your account was created.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

How do I make a manual payment while being on auto?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I think you will have to add a new payment method to add manual funds into the account. More details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704440

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Re: How do I make a manual payment while being on auto?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Radu T,

You tried this? Go to cogwheel /3 dots in upper right corner of your account, select Billing & payment, and click on Summary

In addition to other details and dependent on your account experience, you should see something like this:

Capture0may11.JPG

Thereby you can make a manual payment even if you are on automatic with a high payment threshold. However, chances are it's much easier if you make the payment on your own and the guys credit your card in return. Else you should first select Payment methods on the right-hand menu and click on Add payment method so you can add your friend's card.

Capture0may11a.JPG

There may be slight differences versus my images dependent on when your account was created.

Best,

Lakatos