AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get a refund on my GSP Security Deposit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last year, one of my colleagues started a GSP Adwords account and in order to be billed for this, we had to provide Google with a $25k security deposit which would be held for 6 months. The 6 month term ended in November and I waited to see the $25k appear in our account as credit but it never happened. In March this year, I contacted Customer Service to try and get this resolved and I keep hitting brick walls. Reps seem to be helpful at first but then they stop responding to my emails requesting an update and I am forced to start the whole process again. 

I set a copy of the remittance of the payment made to Google, and then I was advised to cancel the account to see if that triggered the refund. I was skeptical of doing this as the deposit wasn't showing in the account anyway, but the rep, Wren, assured me that they would be able to resolve the issue and told me on Mar 26 that  he/she would be back in touch the following day with an update. The update never came, so I emailed again on  Mar 30, and received no response. and then again on Apr 7, no response, and again Apr 9, no response, and again Apr 21, no response. 

So on Apr 24 my boss contact Sophia Vo, who had been helping with something else to see if she could help escalate the issue, which resulted in an response from Carolyn C, a Senior Team Member who seemed to be pretty on the ball and was going to help us resolve this. On May 6, Carolyn C emailed saying that the team needed documents to issue the refund and I responded the following day saying to let me know if I could help with anything. 

Since then, we have heard nothing back. I've emailed again on May 18, May 19 (twice, from me and my boss) and May 27, as well as today. 

I'm pretty much at the end of my tether with this. I'm sure $25k is a drop in the ocean to Google, but it certainly isn't to many small businesses and I think it is absolutely appalling that it this still hasn't been resolved after about 8 or 9 weeks. 

Has anyone else had an issue like this? How did you manage to resolve it? Do you have any advice? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I get a refund on my GSP Security Deposit?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Leila,
Thanks so much for posting to the Community. I'm sorry to hear about this situation, and can understand your frustration.

I am going to reach out via email to try and rectify this situation.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Kathleen, Thanks for your help so far. Carolyn got in touch with me and asked me to fill out some forms and then to confirm that we wanted the refund and not to use the money as credit on the account. I did this on 22nd June and since then I have heard nothing about our refund, despite chasing for an update numerous times.
Are you able to help me to find out what's going? I want to know when we should expect this refund. It's ridiculous that this is taking so long and infuriating that I can't even get an update on how long it's going to take to sort out.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Leila,
I'm sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing. I will loop back to the team that was looking into this for you.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen,
this still hasn't been resolved and my requests for an update are getting no response. Please can you see what else you can do to help?

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Leila,
Carolyn said she is waiting for a different phone number to reach you on. Can you reply to your most recent email from her with the best contact details?

Kathleen