AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How do I change the currency on my AdWords account?

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Vyomika will give us details about this for us! 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sagarika E
September 2015

Re: How do I change the currency on my AdWords account?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Community,

Once the billing currency of an AdWords account is selected it’s not possible to switch it to another currency. If you need to use a currency that is different to the one you selected when you created your AdWords account, I suggest that you do one of the following:

1. Cancel your existing AdWords account, and create a new account with your preferred currency. Use a different email address to create this new account.

2. If you'd like to use the same email address, you'll need to remove it from your existing AdWords account before closing it out, to free it for a different account. To do this:

• Add a new email address to this account as an administrator (steps)

• Use the new email address’ access to terminate the access of the email address you want to use in the new account.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

-Vyomika

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sagarika E
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Community,

Once the billing currency of an AdWords account is selected it’s not possible to switch it to another currency. If you need to use a currency that is different to the one you selected when you created your AdWords account, I suggest that you do one of the following:

1. Cancel your existing AdWords account, and create a new account with your preferred currency. Use a different email address to create this new account.

2. If you'd like to use the same email address, you'll need to remove it from your existing AdWords account before closing it out, to free it for a different account. To do this:

• Add a new email address to this account as an administrator (steps)

• Use the new email address’ access to terminate the access of the email address you want to use in the new account.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

-Vyomika

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

It is not possible to change the currency after creating the adwords account.