AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How do I change my debit card after my old one expired, and how do I change my country of residence?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I change my debit card after my old one expired, and how do I change my country of residence?
Many thanks in advance
dave289@gmail.com

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Top Contributor)
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David B,

All of your billing details and payment sources are organized under Billing. 

1) Log in to Adwords.

2) Click on gear icon in upper right corner.

3) Click Billing.

Now you will see all the main info about debits and credits, which is where payments and charges are charted. While looking at this dashboard, you will need to click on "Billing Settings" in the left hand menu.  Now, you will see all of your submitted payment methods and this is where you can add a new payment source, and after that is successfully added, you can then remove the old one. You can add more than one payment source and you can assign one as a primary and another as a backup... or simply add several and use them manually as you want. Only payment sources assigned primary or backup will be run automatically as your account needs funds. And all account must have at least one primary source... the rest are optional.  This fixes your first issue.

In order to resolve your second issue, which is to change the country... this may or may not be so easy. If you follow the steps above to end up at the billing dashboard and click on the "Billing Profile" in the left hand menu, you can change some aspects of your account setup... but some things cannot be done manually (or possibly at all). You would need to contact support and see what they can do. Follow steps 1 & 2 above... then call the phone number shown or click on Help and use another method to interact with support.

All the Best,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Top Contributor)
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David B,

All of your billing details and payment sources are organized under Billing. 

1) Log in to Adwords.

2) Click on gear icon in upper right corner.

3) Click Billing.

Now you will see all the main info about debits and credits, which is where payments and charges are charted. While looking at this dashboard, you will need to click on "Billing Settings" in the left hand menu.  Now, you will see all of your submitted payment methods and this is where you can add a new payment source, and after that is successfully added, you can then remove the old one. You can add more than one payment source and you can assign one as a primary and another as a backup... or simply add several and use them manually as you want. Only payment sources assigned primary or backup will be run automatically as your account needs funds. And all account must have at least one primary source... the rest are optional.  This fixes your first issue.

In order to resolve your second issue, which is to change the country... this may or may not be so easy. If you follow the steps above to end up at the billing dashboard and click on the "Billing Profile" in the left hand menu, you can change some aspects of your account setup... but some things cannot be done manually (or possibly at all). You would need to contact support and see what they can do. Follow steps 1 & 2 above... then call the phone number shown or click on Help and use another method to interact with support.

All the Best,

James