AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How can this happen?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My adwords account are suspended because of Suspicious Payment Activity. However, I have never ever used Adwords on my personal account before(yeh, I did a test in 2012 to check how things worked, but never launched a live campaign), and therefore it has never been a single bill that I had to pay from Google. Since my only usage of Adwords before has been Keyword Planner (keyword search for article writing), the suspension has not been something I have taken notice of. However, now I was going to start with Adwords for Video for my personal clients, and that is impossible, since my account is suspended.

Since I felt this awkward, I appealed last week. However, the answer I got today was negative, and the suspension stays. I think this is harsh, since I can't understand how there can be a single legitimate reason for Google to suspend me, because of Suspicious Payment Activity. How can there be any suspicious payment activity when there never have been any payments for ads at all.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can this happen?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Could you link the site you intended to promote in the past?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nope. I have no clue what that site was. If it was my own, an affiliate site or just someone elses site. However, I can't see why that should have something to do with it, since the suspension is about billing, not about violation of other rules. 

However, when i go to this url, I got another reason why my site is suspended. "Your account is suspended because your billing information can't be verified."(link is to a screenshot of what's stated). If this is the reason, I find it even more weird that they still turned down my appeal, since i added my debit card to Adwords last week before i appealed. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again @Erlend W;

Though the notification emailed  is about billing, the case sounds as a landing page violation.  For that, you must fix the site promoted back then, before you can be reinstated. If you have no control over he content of the site (e.g. an affiliate, you don't own the URL anymore) -  Google will not reinstate the account;

Sorry that I am not hopeful;

You could try an submit the following form; but since the case was appealed once, I doubt I would help.

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/pf_suspended 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There was no site promoted back then. It was one night that I started on a campaign without finishing it and it was never live. That's all activity ever on that account, except the usage of keyword tool/planner. There is no campaigns available in the suspended AdWords account, and it's still asking me to create my first campaign.I have also provided you with proof that they saying it's because of non verifiable billing. If then it's possible that it is another reason. Well, then are Google forcing me to break the rules and open an another account.